XX • 20

"So, how did it go?" Kenzie was sitting in your flat reading a book with Bowie curled up by her feet.
You had just come home and you flopped onto your bed without even bothering to take off your coat.
"Pretty good." You said. "Sherlock found what he was looking for."
"Then what's wrong?"
You sighed and rolled over so that you faced her.
"Jim is what's wrong."
"Jim?"
"A guy that always comes into the café where I work. He is really nice and charming and I like him, platonically. He's a good friend. But the first time Sherlock met him, he immediately turned around and told me he doesn't trust him and that he's dangerous. I got mad at him. I guess I thought that he was trying to govern my choice of friends. But now I'm second guessing myself because the big bad guy that he's tracking right now is James. I guess he just planted doubt."
"Oh (F/N)." Kenzie looked at you sympathetically. "I don't think you should worry about it, love."
"No?" You looked up at her.
"Nah. Stressing out is never a good idea. I'm sure things will work themselves out."
"You've always been the sensible one, dangit. Why do you have to be so sensible, wench?"
She laughed. "I am what I am."
"And I'm tired." You mumbled.
"I'm sure you are, but tomorrow I expect you to go shopping with me."
"Will do." You said, rolling back over and burying your face in your pillow.

******

Sherlock's POV:

Well done Mr. Holmes! I was hoping you'd solve my little puzzle. Now we just need to have a proper meeting - JM

I stared hard at my phone. The text had come in ten minutes ago and I still didn't know if I should reply.
I had to. But what?
I started to type, but cleared the text immediately.
Finally, I actually sent a reply.

The pool. Midnight. - SH

Nothing else came in, but I knew Moriarty had gotten it.
It was only 6:37. I still had five and a half hours to kill. I went to the window and picked up my violin.

******

Your POV:

"You didn't tell me he played!" Kenzie sounded slightly awed.
"Mmm." You smiled into your pillow.
The music was soft, but it still had an air of excitement in it.
"Do you know the song?" It was rare for Kenzie to not recognise a song.
"He wrote it."
"Seriously?" She sounded even more impressed now.
"Mmhmm. He composes when he's bored. It helps him think, or so he says."
"Dang girl, that man is incredible."
"He is." You smiled into your pillow again.

******

Sherlock's POV:

12:00 AM

I paced the pool room anxiously. I had gotten there early, just in case.
I glanced at my watch for the seemingly hundredth time in the last ten minutes. At the turn of midnight, I heard a door creak.
I looked up and toward the direction of the sound.
"It's so nice to see you again, Sherlock. It really is." He walked into view.
I drew in my breath sharply. Jim.
"Oh you never expected me, did you?" Jim smirked.
"But she did." He sang.
I looked around. We were alone, weren't we?
"Why so quiet, Sherlock? Are you starstruck?" He smirked once again.
Finally, I found my voice. "Hello, Jim." I pronounced the name like a bad taste in my mouth.
"Hiii. Oh and by the way, you didn't believe we were alone did you?"
"I asked to meet you here. Nobody else."
Jim gave a little laugh. "Don't worry, you're not meeting her."
A side door opened and someone shoved you into the open, bound and gagged, a nasty wound on your forehead.
You looked to me, fear in your eyes.