Part 3: The other world

Kieren opened his eyes to find a stone ceiling over his head. Despite the lack of light, Kieren could see the barren stone walls that enveloped him perfectly. He sat up in the enclosed space and shook the dirt off his body.

"Light!"

With a snap of his fingers a small white flame appeared above his hand. The small flame illuminated the room revealed Kieren but replacing his short black hair, long silver hair. Atop his head laid a pair of silky fox ears and nine distinct tails flowed from his waist.

"Haaa...Let's get started."

Kieren pushed the boulder sealing the entrance of the cave. Stepping out of the cave, red dim light bathed Kieren's body. Looking out to the horizon, dead trees and dark fog spread out in all directions. Past the forest laid mountains that separated the forest from a desert. 

"I wonder how to much the territories have changed."
Kieren started to head into the ominous forest. After a few steps the fog swallowed him up and erased the traces of his presence.

*scratch* *scratch* *scratch*

(I have to make sure I can get back to that cave. Even though it's a little cramped, it's the best place to hide my body when I go back. Marking the trees with my claws should leave me with a temporary trail until 12 hours pass) 

Kieren thought as he followed the small flame he produced. Although his eyes were able to see far into the fog, the flame provided additional concealment and prevented mind attacks as he had invoked spirit magic into the flame when he chanted the light incantation.

After walking 10 minutes in what appeared to be random directions, Kieren stopped in front of a mutilated creature leaning against a tree. The eyes were gouged out and reptilian's limbs were scattered near the body. The small bat like wings on its back was shredded until only the bony fingers were left. From the broken nails and strained face, the creature clearly died resisting its killer. 

"This..." 

Kieren made a solemn expression. 

"Whatever killed this Winchester dragon decided to torture it before letting it die of blood lose. That also means whatever killed it was fast to be able to outrun it until it got so tired it needed to land before ripping off the skin of its wings." 

Kieren crouched down to touch the blood stain near his feet. 

(Judging how the blood has already coagulated but hasn't dried yet, I would say this dragon hasn't been died for more than an hour. That means whatever did this could still be in the area. I wouldn't want something like this to ambush me; I wouldn't be able to escape if it's too strong.) 

"Search!" 

After standing up Kieren closed his eyes, put his fingers onto his forehead to help his focus and invoked his spirit magic. A part of his mind split and flew off into the surrounding to collect information. Opening his eyes, Kieren relaxed and turned towards the North West.