Part 4: The time with that beloved person

(Flashback)

*elegant music playing*

A glass of fruit punch was laying idly in hand, I had a smile plastered on my face as I was making small talk with a middle aged couple in formal dress.

(Ah, I remember. This was the opening of a new branch company. Grandma Akiko forced me to come as my parent's representative as a form of social etiquette training.)

"Kieren! Come here and greet someone!"

Grandma Akiko waved her hand to get my attention from across the room. In doing so her sequined dress shimmered under the bright chandelier lights making her easy to spot despite the crowd of people. After excusing myself from the middle aged couple, I made my way over to Grandma Akiko and a strict looking old man in formal Japanese clothes.

"Kieren, this man is Mr.Ichirou. He is the founder of the Annex Corporation. His leadership has led to his company to become the number one interior design position for the past 5 years."

While Grandma Akiko was introducing this man, his eyes were analyzing me from head to toe. I wasn't sure what he saw in me but whatever it was did not impress him. He snorted through his nose and gave me a slight condescending stare.

(Sigh...Here we go again.)

"It is a pleasure to meet you sir, I am Kieren Moonfury. I am here to represent my parents for the Moonfury Corp. I will be in your care. "

Despite seeing the disrespect in the old man's eye, Kieren still gave him a cordial greeting. He knew that his grandma wanted him to meet this man because it would be difficult.

"Humph! Of course you will be in my care. A greenhorn brat like you will always make mistakes unless a strong wise man is there to guide you."

(I see...this man doesn't like me because he thinks I am too young to deal with business affairs. He's the type to look at appearance of a person rather than the ability or talent of person. The type that feels superior just because they accomplished one thing...Haaaaah, this will be annoying.)

I put on a courteous smile and didn't let a hint of my irritation show.

"Yes Mr.Ichirou. I am a greenhorn when it comes to business but don't worry I have a great teacher that won't lose to even to the most accomplished businessmen. With Grandma Akiko here to guide me thoroughly there is no need to worry about my education, even the most trivial and irritating tasks are taught with care."

(Like right now for example.)

Grandma Akiko just stood off to the side and watched the conversation unfold.

"You?!"

"What's wrong sir? I was only answering question about my education. I believe Grandma Akiko is one of the best teachers I could have, don't you agree?"