Three

Simone
We were all in our creative writing class and today our topic was on love.
"Can anybody tell me what do they think of when they hear the word love & what does love mean to them?" Our teacher, one of the coolest teachers on this campus, Miss G asked us. "Yes Simone go ahead."
"When I hear the word love, I think marriage, relationships, friendship & family love. Family love is of course when you share love for your family, you care for them no matter how many times y'all argue or even fight you care for them and you'll always be there for them, friendship love is the same thing, they're like your family, you've known them for a while and you start building a connection towards them and then everyone should know what a marriage and relationship is. To me love is when you can be yourself around the person you're dating and don't have to pretend to be something. For example you don't have to always have your hair and nails done, make up beat and dressed up from head to toe, you can be chilling in sweats, hair up and makeup less and your man still loves you for you. I also think love is when you build a connection with someone. You see a future with them and you're afraid to let them go because you're afraid you're going to lose your future."
"Good answer Simone, now this week I want you guys to type an one to two page paper basically explaining what love is to you and put examples in your paper, go up to your parents, grandparents anyone and ask them what is love and how do you stay together and keep a happy relationship and if you're in one yourself ask yourself and your partner the same questions." Soon as she finished her sentence it was the end of class.
"I won't be here the rest of this week so we'll finish up next Tuesday. Y'all have a nice day and see y'all back on next week.
"Woodyyyy." I said in my baby voice
"Wassup?" He asked
"you wanna give me a piggy back ride to my room."
"Uh nah but I can walk with you to your dorm." I sigh "fine I guess I'll take that."
We walked to the girls building while laughing and talking. "Woody you know you were wrong."
"How?"
"Because you talked about that girl's hair and you roasted her nonstop."
"Well she should've shut up and turned around I wasn't even talking to her bad built made up like 18 wheeler bald head headed ahh."
"Oh my gosh Woody shut up." I said as we walked to my dorm. I saw my boyfriend Jeremiah outside my dorm room.
"Hey baby what are you doing here." I said hugging and kissing him.
"I was waiting on you to get out of class." He said mugging Woody a little bit. As I kissed him he started being extra while grabbing my butt and adding tongue to the kiss, I had to put a stop to it.
I heard Woody laugh under his breath & saw him shake his head and then he said he had to go.
"Alright Woody I'll catch up with you later. Hey can I copy your notes for Mr. Franklin because he'll pop a surprise quiz out in a minute and I don't have all the notes."
"Yeah I got you just come by the dorm let me know which ones you didn't get and I'll let you copy. I'll see you Si." He said turning around leaving throwing up the peace sign.
"See ya Wood." I turned towards Jeremiah with an irritated look on my face.
"What?"
"Was that really necessary?"
"I didn't do nothing I just kissed on you."
"That's the problem J you did too much. Look Woody is my best friend, my only guy friend to be honest with you. We've never crossed that path and never even thought about crossing it. He's my best friend you have nothing to worry about. So all this extra stuff needs to stop." I said getting my key to unlock the door.
"Yeah whatever you say Simone." He said nonchalant while he was on his phone. I looked back at him and rolled my eyes and unlocked the door.
"Maddi he is not cute."
"B yes he is. His dark chocolate skin, his hair and oooh lawd have mercy let's not forget about that body." Bianca said as we walked into the room.
"Who are y'all talking about now?"
"Giiiirl the new dude that just came to Ms. Brown's class oh my gosh he is so fine."
"Don't believe her Simone she's lying."
"I am not. Here Simone see for yourself."
"My my my my my my he sure does look good today, tonight, tomorrow every day of the week."
"What is wrong with y'all. That man is not good looking."
"Baby any man that is dipped in chocolate is good looking." Madison and I said at the same time.
Jeremiah cleared his throat, "baby you know my eyes are only on you." I said innocently
"And on my boy Woody but you know that's none of my business." Bianca said trying to whisper and pretending to sip her tea like Kermit. I hit her arm and gave her a look.
"Did I say that out loud.. oops my bad." She said fake smiling
Jeremiah got off my bed and grabbed his bag, "baby she was just playing."
"Whatever Simone I gotta go to practice." He said slamming the door.
"See what you done started B." Madison said as she sat by Simone.
"Aw I'm sorry Si I honestly was just playing. You wanna me to go to the field and tell him." She said heading for the door.
"No no no B it's good. You didn't start anything, you might've egged it on a little bit more but you didn't start it."
"Why does he dislike Woody so much?"
"Girllll I don't know. Woody was the one that introduced us, in high school they used to be so cool now it's like they can't even stand each other. Woody didn't have a problem with him at first it was Jeremiah who started all this. Why did it start once again I don't even know.
Let J tell it Woody was going around telling everybody me & him (Woody & I ) were a couple when he didn't. We was at a football game Woody sat beside me on the bleachers playing & joking like he always do. Someone came by and said aw y'all are so cute, are y'all a couple? we said no and someone else said yes and everybody took that and ran with it including Jeremiah." I said
"Woody & I may have our differences or whatever but J better raise up off of that one." Bianca said putting on some eyeliner.
"He better do something because I'm tired of the temper tantrums."
As the girls continued to talk some more I was laying down texting Woody.
Best friend 😜:Bring me some gummy bears when you come over
Baby girl👧🏾: who said I was coming over 😒
Best friend 😜: do right
Baby girl 👧🏾: aight pimp I got ya but what do I do get in return
Best friend 😜: oh you can get this 🍆 whenever 😏
Baby girl👧🏾: the number you have reached is no longer in service. Good bye
Best friend 😜:wowww that's cold
Baby girl 👧🏾: you did that to yourself sooo 🤷🏾‍♀️ but I'll be on my way in a few
Best friend 😜: aight the door will be open when you come i'ma probably be in the shower when you come
Baby girl 👧🏾: okay
"Hey y'all I'll be back." I said grabbing my purse, charger, peach rings, pink lemonade and sliding my nike slides on.
"Where you going?" Madison asked
"Out, I'll be back." I said blowing kisses to them.
"Tell Woody we said hey after your lil booty call." Bianca said laughing with Madison.
I laughed with them and shook my head closing the door. I got in my car having to drive on the other side of the parking lot to get to the boys building. Since the guys requested and put down a lot of money they had their own apartment which was very nice looking.
I used the key they gave me and unlocked the door and like he said he was in the shower. I kicked my slides off and got comfortable on his bed while going through Netflix and eating my peach rings.
"I hope you got my gummy bears while you smacking on them rings." Woody said coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping down from his body.
"Oh my gosh." I said holding my hand to my mouth. "I forgot Woody I am so sorry." I said giving him my best puppy dog face
"Are you serious Simone I told you not to forget."
"I'm sorry you was rushing me to come over and I forgot." I yelled to him as he went back in the bathroom to change.
"Man whatever just know you finna share them rings and I'm about to bust that lemonade wide open." He said coming out his bathroom with gray sweat pants on and putting on his black t-shirt. Then he went over to his dresser to put on his deodorant and went back to the bathroom to put his dirty clothes in the hamper.
"No I'm not Woody you know I don't share my peach rings." I said holding them close to my chest.
"Guh you forgot my gummies you about to share today." He said trying to snatch them away from me.
"Stooooop Edward before you get the salt on your bed."
"We got a washer and dryer I can put them in there." He said still snatching until he finally got them and got salt on top of my breast and on his bed.
"Woody! Look what you done did." I said about to raise up so I can go to the bathroom to clean myself up.
"Wait don't move." He said
He got up to get a towel and then came to my side. I thought he was going to hand me the towel but he didn't instead he leaned his head down and licked the top part of my breast. He tried to do it again but I smacked him on the back of his head "uh no sir." I said going to the bathroom.
"I was going to help you get it off." He said
"Not by licking my chest you wasn't." I said coming out of the bathroom.
"That was the easiest way to do it." I sent him a straight face and then he bust out laughing
"I swear you get on my nerves." I said reaching in my bag pulling out my chocolate chip cookies & Oreos for him.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome. What we watching?"
"The Wood."
"Ooooh yay I get to see my baby Omar Epps."
"Girl he don't want you, he don't even know you exist."
"He do know me. We just have a long distance relationship, he's working and I'm in school."
"Mhm if you say so."
~~~~
Omniscient's POV
That night they continued to watch movies, eat snacks, talk and laugh until they eventually fell asleep. Simone didn't plan to stay over the whole night she just planned to watch movies and talk to her best friend but I guess time got the best of her. Madison and Bianca kept calling and texting her phone letting her know Jeremiah was looking for her and she need to come back to the dorm. Thank God they were able to make up an excuse telling him that she had to go to her sister's house and watch her niece & nephew.
As they kept blowing her phone up Simone and Woody were on his bed knocked out, Simone was in front of Woody while his arm was wrapped around her waist.
~~~
Next morning
Woody woke up due to the guys being loud in the living room. He saw that Simone was still sleep so he removed his arm and went to the living room.
"Damn do y'all nigxas not know how loud y'all are?" Woody said fussing at the guys.
"Oh my bad nixga you up now so he don't matter."
"Actually it do because I got company in the back and y'all loud asses gon wake them up." I said going to the kitchen.
"You got a broad in the back? What she look like?" Keith asked
"Calm down thirsty and don't refer to her as a broad she has a name."
"What's her name?" They all said at the same time.
"None of your business." After he said that Simone came out of the room with her bag on her shoulder.
"Hey you guys." She said going to give them a hug.
"Hey lil sis, what you doing over here?" Luke asked her
"Hey brother and I came last night to have movie night with my best friend and I was going to leave last night but I guess time got the best of us."
"Oh okay." Luke said
"Aye you got class today?" Woody asked her
"Nah I'm free today thank God since Miss G cancelled today, I am going to start on that writing assignment though, but why wassup?"
"Nothing I was just asking."
"Aight. Well I'll see y'all later, y'all be good." Simone said walking out of the door.
"See ya Simone." They all said.
"Bro pleaseeee tell me you ain't smash Si." Algee said with his hands in a praying position.
"Dude give me that neck!" Woody said, "y'all know damn well I wouldn't do that to Simone she is literally my best friend. I wouldn't dare do that to her."
"I mean we're just trying to make sure bruh, she did stay over night and slept in your clothes." Elijah said.
"We told y'all we had a movie night and she slept in my clothes because she needed something to sleep in, all she had on was a tank top and some jeans." He said shrugging his shoulders.
"Aight man whatever you say. Aye y'all wanna shoot some hoops?" Bryshere asked them, all the boys agreed but Woody declined because he had a class in two hours. So he went to go get dress and ready for class.
••••
Vote, comment and share