Nineteen

Simone
Earlier today I told Woody good what time momma wanted us over there and here it is 5:45 and he taking his precious time to come out of the house and he know we have to go on the other side of town and traffic is heavy.

I blowed the horn three times signaling for him to come out & he still hasn't came out yet.

I would like to leave today Woody 😒
-5:46

After I sent that message still no sign of Woody but his dumb ass read it though.

I called his phone and he answered on the fourth ring.

"Hello."

"Can you speed up the process please we do have somewhere to go."

He smacked his lips and mumbled a whatever and came out the house.

"What?"

"What took you so long?"

"Man look you wanted me in the car so I'm in the car can we go now."

I looked at him for a minute and shook my head as I started the car and got on the road.

This little beef/argument that him & my dad have going on needs to be dead asap because I will not be taking any disrespect from him.

~
Lucky for us it wasn't any heavy traffic and we were able to make it to my parents house just in time.

"Woody." I grabbed his wrist before he could get out.

"Can you please promise me to be on your best behavior and not act up if he does say something to you?"

Woody looked at me then looked straight ahead giving me the opposite of what I wanted to hear.

"Woody! Promise me."

He shook his head and licked his lips.

"I can't make any promises if I don't know what the outcome or my actions will be."

I sighed and leaned my head back on the headrest.

"Lord father God please keep my father's & my boyfriend's mouth closed this evening so they won't say anything out of the way to each other and ruin this dinner for all of us. In Jesus name I deeply & strongly pray Amen."

I prayed out loud and then walked towards the house.

"Hey baby." My mom walked up and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Hey momma what you got cooking in here."

"Is that all you & that big head boyfriend of yours can think about. Soon as he came in he asked the same thing and had the audacity to come in the kitchen and look into my pots. Are those folks on that campus feeding y'all because every time y'all see me y'all hungry."

I chuckled at my mom as I sat down at the kitchen table.

"Yes ma'am we at school and we just miss your cooking that's all. You know that's all we ate when we were growing up, you & mama Sherrie's cooking."

"Mhmm I know."

"Why you got more plates & things set out when it's just six of us?"

"Because I have some more guests that will be joining us."

"Who?"

"You'll see when they get here nosy. Now unless you're going to help me finish up I advise you to go out in that backyard with your siblings & boyfriend until it's time for dinner."