Thirty-Three

Simone
"So are you going to continue to wait or tell me the reasons now on why you left us hanging, left me on read." Bianca said as she hit me. "And why I had to get out of my warm bed to pick you up from Waffle House."

I knew she was going to ask those questions but I thought it would've been later instead of sooner. I sighed and rubbed my forehead as I began to answer her questions.

"I didn't mean to leave you on read I thought I replied."

"An overrated lie but continue." She cut me off as she began driving after the light turned green.

"Anyway I went out last night with a friend to the fair-"

"I hope this friend brought your tickets to ride those rides and play those games since you decided to go with them and pushed little ole us to the side."

"Don't be mad B."

"Oh I ain't but next time you text me I'm going to return the favor of leaving you on read and I'm going to tend to my other friends."

"What friends do you have boo because last time I checked we were your only friends and you hate making new friends."

"Oh trust me boo I'll find some more friends."

"Yeah some fake friends."

She started laughing, knowing what I said was true.

"Anyway finish explaining yourself ma'am."

"Do I really have to."

"We are on fall break which means I had no early classes this morning to be specific I had no classes at all but yet here it is 7:30 and I'm up picking you up from a restaurant and then I have to take you back to your apartment which is on the other side of town so yes ma'am you do have to explain. Now continue."

I huffed, slouched down in my seat and covered my face with my hands as I began to finish explaining myself.

"ThefriendiwentoutwasRyanafterthefairwewenttohisshopwelistenedtomusicconversedandthenweslepttogether."

I responded real fast hoping that she wouldn't understand what I was saying or ask me to repeat myself.

"Wait what? Repeat yourself." She told me as we arrived at the apartment and she put the car in park.

I took a deep breath and repeated myself, this time at a normal speed.

"Say something B."

I looked up at her and her eyes were widened and her mouth was opened.

"Bianca say something."

"I-I don't know if I can, Si. How could you?"

"I don't know B I don't know." I sighed. "I feel so stupid."

"As you should."

"What?"

"Simone I hate to say this but as your friend, as your true, real best friend I have to say this. I told you so. I knew this was going to happen sooner or late, the moment you told me you saw him at the mall. Simone why would you do this? Did you have some type of love connection with Ryan? Are you falling out of love with Woody?"