Childhood

You smiled as people scattered out of your way, it was a side effect of being the Shelby brother's family friend since you could remember and you couldn't hide the fact that you loved it. The world was at your feet at least, Small Heath was, and there was nothing that pleased you more to wonder through the streets and watch people hurry about and attempt to not look at you.

"Bloody 'ell here she is." John yelled as you walked into the Garrison.

"Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?" You asked as Thomas moved to let you sit down.

"Nah, if you're not drunk by five in the afternoon then you've wasted the day." Arthur declared and you let out a laugh.

"You know I heard something down the docks today." Tommy muttered as he set down his glass and lit his cigarette.

"You hear a lot of things Tommy." You said sweetly which made John choke on his drink when you turned away from Tommy and pulled a face. "Well go on then tell us what the might Blinders found out."

"Apparently you've been harassing the factory owners, trying get them to pay the workers more." Tommy look at you and you smiled.

"I wouldn't say harassing more... gently distressing." The room was filled with laughter until Finn burst into the room and slumped down.

"That fella catch you with his daughter again?" Arthur asked.

"You're one to talk, Arthur once got caught with the baker's girl." You hummed and nodded when Finn gave you a questioning look.

"The one at the end of the road?" He asked and you nodded.

"Yeah, never seen Poll so made, came outside to find him whacking Arthur with a rolling pin... took it right off him and whacked him back." John said and the two of you started laughing, even Tommy cracked a smile.

"Alright, enough I was only a little lad." Arthur defended which made you and John laugh harder.

"This was back when Tommy was smaller than John and he managed to fight him off just fine... mind you she liked Tommy more than Arthur." You grinned at Finn who laughed as Tommy pulled you closer so he could throw and arm over your shoulder and look down at you.

"Enough of that or I'll be telling Ada about the time we caught you kissing Freddie Thorne." Tommy said and you decided to stay quiet.