Chapter 8 - Reflection

Author notes: Hi everyone, I finally got chapter 8 done. Yay! Sorry it took so long, I have been busy with college and I had writer's block. I actually wrote chapter 8 ages ago but didn't like it so I scrapped it and redid it. Eat up time but I'm happy with how this turned out.

The Seeker Code of Honour

~Motto: Protect what is yours and respect what is ours~

1. Never offline trine member(s) without a valid reason

2. Never offline or harm kin, sparklings/younglings or bonded in our midst

3. Always respect our needs for open spaces and thirst for flight

4. Always be mindful of our winged frames; never knowingly harm them out of malice

5. Be ready to protect your peers and judge those who dare to disregard Seeker Code of Honour

Chapter 8 – Reflection

Early next morning, Megatron eyed the monitor in careful thought. As he watched the live footage provided by none-other than Lasorbeak, the Seeker Femme travelled with her Human partners high above the ground. Having had Seekers in his armada for at least a few million solar cycles, Megatron could spot the symptoms of a trine bond as well as any other Seeker could; the femme and her fellow pilots clearly harboured the unmistakable synchronicity of a trine in formation.

"Hmm. It seems that our plan is going rather well," Megatron hummed with a small, knowing smile, "Now it is just a matter of waiting until the right moment arises. Whatever the case, in the end that Seeker will be part of our Armada where she belongs," he added with a widening smirk. As he watched as the military base came into view, Megatron then heard the sound of hollow pedes and a familiar raspy voice from out in the corridor. With the 'Kill' gesture from Megatron, Soundwave immediately closed the footage before Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp walked into the main bridge.

"Ah. Starscream; to what do I owe you the pleasure?" Megatron asked, "I thought I had assigned you three to energon duty this week?" he hinted.

"Told ya this wasn't a good idea" Skywarp mumbled quietly in Starscream's audio receptor.

"Hush Warp – Well, yes, Lord Megatron, technically we are but I have found something rather interesting that we wish to exploit," Starscream replied.

"Go on," Megatron urged.

"I am sure you may have heard of a certain national park north of here in the state of Wyoming," Starscream started.

"Ah. Yes, Yellowstone, I believe the Earthlings call it," Megatron nodded.

"Well, I am sure you must also know that it is home to an active volcano, teetering on the edge of eruption," Starscream continued, "We all agreed that it would be more efficient if we extracted energon from more than one location at one time and the volatile nature of this volcano caught our interest. I calculate that, when extracted in a controlled manner, the raw heat and potential energy could yield quadruple the volume of energon than your average mine. With your permission of course, we could start proceedings straight away," he explained.

"Hmm. For once, this is not a bad idea, Starscream," Megatron hummed in thought, "What of the energon mine in Antarctica?" he asked.

"I have placed Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust in charge," Starscream replied, "They are more than capable of overseeing proceedings," he added.

"Very well, do what you must, Starscream," Megatron agreed and the Trine left the main bridge.

"Hah! Nice one, Screamer," Skywarp grinned, slapping a servo on his shoulder, "No Antarctica for us!"