Chapter 4: Weekly Date

6 months later

CIA headquarters, VA

"All right, everybody." Hunley called as he walked into the surveillance room. "Heads up. This is it."

He leaned in to watch the progress as his team's leader called from his position in Havana, Cuba: "Alpha team prep. Standing by."

"Execute." Hunley ordered, and the agent in charge of comms called: "Langley brimstone, go. I say again. We are a go."

They watched as Hunley's men exited their vehicles, watching the team's progress through Langley's eye cam as he lead the way into the cheap motel. His men kept their guns in front as they slowly and carefully made their way up to the room where Ethan Hunt would be.

Brandt slowly walked to join Hunley before the monitors, watching anxiously as the CIA agents got closer to the upstairs room. They reached the top of the stairs, and hearing Ethan's heavy breathing coming from down the hallway, Langley signaled for his men to move.

Hunley began to smile in anticipation as his men got closer and they all heard Ethan's breathing over the comms. Brandt swallowed, his hands fisting in the pockets of his dress pants as he watched the agents move in on the door. Ethan's breathing had gotten louder, and Langley counted down on his fingers.

They broke the door down, charging in with their guns pointed ahead... to find the room empty. Langley swiveled around, checking the tiny area to make sure Ethan really wasn't there. He stopped when he saw the small phone placed in the far corner of the room, and one of his men peered at it as they heard Ethan's heavy breathing across the line.

The phone shut off, and Langley sighed before he reported: "Langley, there's nobody here."

Hunley's face fell with disappointment, while Brandt hid a relieved smile. He paused, frowning as he watched the monitor and saw Langley turning away from the phone, and his eye cam briefly caught something interesting. Brandt reached over, activating the comms as he called: "Langley Brimstone? Face the north wall."

Langley did as he was told, turning back to look at what had caught Brandt's attention. Hunley's lips pursed and his eyes narrowed as they all stared at the map on the wall, marked in various areas with pictures and news articles. On the far right, beside the map, were about fifty photos of different agents from across the world, while on the left, more articles were arranged, all of various international 'accidents' over the past year or so.

Langley moved, glancing down at the desk and pausing as he stared at the two pencil drawings lying on the table.

********

Benji stared at his monitors intently, dramatic opera music blasting through his headphones as his eyes narrowed slightly. His fingers flew over the game console as he shot and ran through the action video game, before he glanced at the rearview mirror he'd strategically placed on his work desk. He saw a man walking towards him, and Benji quickly off his headphones, shutting off the game as he threw both the console and the headphones into a drawer.

He straightened up again, pretending to be working as the CIA agent walked passed, dropping Benji's mail on the corner of his desk as he did. Benji waited until the man was gone before checking his mail, frowning as he saw an unfamiliar envelope. He quickly tore the seal, checking the contents and his eyes widened in surprise and joy as he saw a pamphlet for the Vienna Opera with two tickets inside as it congratulated him on winning.

Benji beamed excitedly, before his mood and face fell when his office phone beeped.

"Dunn." He answered, before he grimaced, rubbing his face with his hands as he asked with a tired sigh: "Is it that time already? Okay."