Chapter 14: Meet the IMF

Ethan and Ilsa sprinted down the streets, literally running for their lives as they dashed away from the men chasing them. They dashed through roads, ignoring all the traffic and making cars honk at them in surprise and annoyance, and dark alleyways as they tried to lose their tails, when Ethan grabbed Ilsa, pulling her to screeching halt beside him.

They stared at the car coming towards them, and Ilsa demanded: "Which way?"

Ethan pulled her down a side alley just as the men coming from behind started firing at them, and the pair dashed down the tunnel ahead of them.

*********

Warehouse

Brandt looked up sharply as he heard the sound of running footsteps, Luther doing the same before they both relaxed as Benji came dashing around the corner, Kat right behind him.

"Kat!" Brandt called, momentarily dropping his drill as he moved to meet his unofficial girlfriend.

"Will!" She called, a relieved smile breaking across her face as he pulled her into his arms.

"Yeah, hug and kiss later." Luther said impatiently. "We have a job to do."

Brandt flipped him the bird behind his back, but Kat caught him and smacked his arm.

"Come on, Ethan's still out there." She ordered as she dragged him back to his drill while Benji grabbed another one and started to help. "He'll need all the help he can get."

"Aye-aye, ma'am." Brandt replied sarcastically, making her grin as she grabbed a drill as well.

*********

London street

The two men who'd been chasing Ilsa and Ethan made their way warily down the tunnel, their guns raised before them. Just as they were about to clear the dark structure, Ethan and Ilsa pounced, jumping out from the sides of the entrance and each grabbing a man and taking them down.

The car from earlier pulled up before the other tunnel entrance, and Ethan pulled the gun from his attacker's grip as he grabbed the man in a headlock, firing over his assailant's shoulder and taking out the men climbing out of the car. He shot his attacker right after that, before kicking the man Ilsa had, held in a chokehold, knocking him out as the pair sprinted away once more.

They ran down the streets, avoiding more of their pursuers and Ethan shooting anyone who appeared before them. They reached another alleyway, running to hide between a block of flats to catch their breaths. Ethan checked the gun he'd stolen, pulling the cartridge out grimly when he noted that he was out of shots. He and Ilsa shared a look before running through the block of flats.

Ilsa ran down the stairs at the end of the buildings, leading down to the next block, just as their pursuer came around the corner and he immediately charged after the woman's retreating back. Ethan leapt from where he'd been hiding behind a wall, tackling the man and sending them both crashing through a window into one of the flats.

Ilsa glanced back, turning to go help, when Vinter appeared, firing at her. She was forced to turn and run, heading swiftly away from the area as Vinter followed her while Ethan took out the other man, the pair going crashing out through another window to land back outside.

Unable to see Ilsa, Ethan ran in the original direction he'd been headed, limping slightly from where the glass had cut his leg as he ran in the opposite direction from where Ilsa had gone.

*********

Warehouse

"We're cutting it close." Luther muttered, and Brandt retorted shortly: "Stop wasting time telling us what we already know."