Chapter 11 Taken

They waited, placing themselves strategically in the large London train terminal. Kat stood with Brandt, the pair not quite touching but standing so close they could feel the other's body warmth through their clothing. Brandt continued to scan the area as Kat watched him, chewing a little on her lip.

"Take a picture." Brandt commented suddenly. "It'll last longer."

Kat snorted despite the situation, shaking her head at him.

"Why would I want a picture of you?" She teased, and he replied easily: "So you can wonder how you managed to get such a handsome catch."

"Someone's confident." Kat said a little dryly and Brandt shrugged: "It's the truth."

"Didn't say it wasn't." She countered, and he smirked just slightly.

"Okay, can you two please not flirt while we can all hear?" Benji demanded, making them both giggle like school kids.

"Ethan!" Benji complained, and Kat's eyes were sparkling with amusement as she exchanged gleeful looks with Brandt when Ethan called: "Focus, guys."

"She's here." Luther suddenly called, and they all straightened. Kat spotted the familiar brunette woman striding down the station, heading right in Ethan's direction. She watched as Ethan stepped out of his surveillance spot, moving to stand amongst the crowds right in Ilsa's path.

He wasn't very noticeable in the crowd of people moving about the large terminal, but Ilsa spotted him immediately, her pace slowing as her eyes met his. She turned, noticing Benji standing to the back as he pretended to be reading a newspaper, although he gave her a fake cheery smile and a small wave.

She turned again, quickly spotting Kat with Brandt, the man leaning against the wall, also with a newspaper in hand, as the woman stood right beside him. They looked for all the world like a couple waiting for their train, but their eyes were also trained on Ilsa as Brandt nodded at the woman while Kat simply observed her with the same nonchalant expression Ethan had on his face. It was a little disconcerting for the British agent, if she was being honest.

She turned in the final direction to see Luther as he stood by the payphones, looking like he was talking into it but he was looking right at her as well. Realizing she was completely surrounded, Ilsa turned her eyes back to Ethan, who raised a brow expectantly. Ilsa flicked her eyes over to a nearby café, silently signaling where to meet, and the pair headed for the table at the edge.

"So, that's her?" Brandt asked, and Benji replied shortly: "That's her."

They all quieted to listen as Ethan met with the British woman whom Kat couldn't quite decide whether to like or not.

"I have to say," Ethan commented lightly as he settled himself across from Ilsa, "you sure can ride."

"And he told us off for flirting." Kat muttered quietly, making Brandt shoot her a quick, amused look while Luther hissed: "Sh!"

Ilsa had smiled humourlessly at Etahn, before she began: "Ethan-"

"You're just doing your job." Ethan interrupted understandingly. "That's all we're going to say about it."

Ilsa's face was smooth, unreadable as she replied lightly: "Atlee said you'd understand."

"Atlee," Ethan repeated before checking, "your handler in British Intelligence."

She bowed her head once in acknowledgement, and Ethan cocked his head as he asked with a small frown: "And he didn't bring you in? Even after you gave him the disk?"

Ilsa's face turned just slightly colder as she said bitingly: "You knew perfectly well it was blank."

Ethan cocked his head slightly in confusion while Kat frowned a little, and Benji protested indignantly over the comms: "That's a lie. The disk she took from me was an exact copy. I'm sure of it."