Moving Closer

Olivia had downed her third glass of wine. It was late into the Friday night, the sky was pitch black. It had been sprinkled with stars. The weekend had approached. Noah had gone with Lucy for the rest of the week. Olivia needed a break from reality. A constant wave of stress engulfed her due to her demanding job. Her apartment was full of silence, until there was a startling knock. She was puzzled, yet eager that someone had come to see her. She glanced through the peephole of the door. In front of her she saw a man standing with flowers. It was Tucker.
---
"Hey, I hope I didn't wake you." Tucker said softly.
"No, no I was just-thinking."
"About?" He asked in concern.
She hesitated and answered with a smile. She took the colorful roses from his hand and placed them with the other bundles of decaying flowers. Tucker watched and came closer. It had been a few weeks after she had shot the, at first, innocent cop. She was still affected by it. It brought back horrific memories of "The Lewis Incident". Ed knew about it, but he didn't want to recall the dark time. He saw the empty wine bottles. He didn't mention anything other than this, "You want to order something?"
"Sure?"
"Alright, the usual?"
"Yes, but no sauce this time."
Tucker ordered and headed toward her navy blue couch. She followed his lead and snuggled up close to him.
"How've you been?" Tucker interrogated.
"Just the ordinary 'stressed out' mood. Actually, I have a question for you."
Tucker was shocked. "Uh, okay. Ask away." Tucker said hesitantly.
"These past years have been unforgettable." Olivia said. Tucker nodded in agreement. "You know, I have a son, but he doesn't have a father. You've retired, I think it would be a good choice for you to..move in." Olivia was relieved to finally ask the question
---
Tucker was astonished from the question. He understood. "That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Alright." Olivia kissed him on the cheek and was interrupted by the ring of the doorbell. "I'll get it." Tucker said as he pulled his wallet. He paid for the food and softly shut the door. The two sat down and ate. Tucker stayed with Liv through the whole night.