62.

Elena's POV

I was so nervous, waiting to find out what caused me to faint. The last thing I remember is dancing with Cristiano and feeling a sharp pain in my belly. And than everything went black. I woke up in what looks like a hospital bed and next thing I know, they let Cristiano in as the doctor prepared to tell us what happened. I didn't even realise he put his hand on mine, as I worried about our child.
"Well..."
The doctor began. I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I have already been stressed enough over this thing with Cristiano, I didn't need the doctor building up more tension. I never really gave it too much thought, but it turns out, all that stressing out I've been doing is causing my downfall.
"The fetus is perfectly healthy, but it seems that you have been seriously been stressed these past few days. Have you been sleeping properly?"
That was sadly a no. I spent my nights half sleeping and half thinking about what happened to us. I felt so guilty I actually played with my child's life like that. I will never be able to forgive myself for this. I felt a couple of tears tickle my cheeks and slightly jumped as I felt Cristiano's hand wipe them away. The doctor said since she can't give me any medications, due to being pregnant, all she could really tell me was that I need to get away from the stressful situations as much as possible and rest a lot.

"I'm not letting you go home on your own, are you crazy? Either I drive you to your apartment, or I'm taking you back to the house you belong in. It's your choice."
Cris was giving me a hard time when I told him I was going to take a taxi home. It felt weird to hear that from him. 'The house I belong in'? I haven't been to that house for three months, and I haven't seen Junior for two weeks. Even though I was angry, correction, I am angry at Cristiano, I couldn't take it out on an innocent child. And to be honest, I still felt a little lightheaded, and so I agreed to going over to Cristiano's house. The car ride was silent, especially after we experienced the all time cliché where we both reach for the radio at the same time and our hands touch. It sent chills down my spine, as it was the first time touching him in so long. But I knew I had to stand my ground and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Just like the song says:
"I won't cry myself to sleep like a sucker."
We walked in and I saw Dolores and Junior watching TV together. I took a deep breath and walked in. The moment the young boys eyes noticed me, he ran straight to my arms and I tried my hardest not to cry. Than I felt Dolores place her hand on my shoulder, sliding it down to grab my hand, as Junior rubbed my belly and talked to his little brother. It's only fair that I tell them.

Dolores's POV

My son was the happiest I've ever seen him when he was with Elena. She became like a part of the family, and we all love her. I know it's probably mostly the mother in me talking, but I'm sure Cristiano never did anything to hurt her. If anything, it was a plan by Irina and her friend to separate them. And it hurts me to see they actually succeeded in what they wanted. After everything they have been through, with the stalker and jealous people all around them, this turned out to be too much. The worst part is that none of us in the family get to see her, or know what the baby's gender is. Jorge is doing his best to find the security cameras footage for the night that destroyed a perfect couple. I don't really know much about the legal details he needs to take care of before he gets the footage, but I sure hope it happens soon. I took Elena's hand and guided her to the couch.
"Careful filho, don't hit your baby brother or sister."
I heard Cristiano say to Cristiano Junior as he rushed over to sit next to Elena and cuddle with her. I think that, out of all of us in the family, he misses her most. Well he misses her in the purest way, the way of a child. While the rest of us worry about her all the time, and pray to have her back into our family.
"Well I have something to tell you everyone. I know the rest of the family is not here, but you will tell them I'm sure."
Elena began a few minutes after we sat down. What could she possibly have to tell us now? I really hope it's something good.

---***---
Cliffhanger yet again, I just can't help myself, I might need cliffhanger rehab 😂 (couldn't find a gif of their hands touching in the car, dammit. 😠)
So I hope you like the story and don't mind it's a little later than I said it would be, but that's because I've had a busy week, college is seriously tearing me apart with classes and homework and studies etc. But this is not a place to rant about that, and you probably don't want to hear that.

Stay beautiful 💋❤