83.

Elma's POV

"I wasn't asking you!"
Cristiano yelled at a guy standing beside Elena. We were having fun on the beach and she looked to be really enjoying herself. When we noticed a guy with brown hair walking up to us. He appeared to be someone Elena knows, because she tensed up at the sight of him and rolled her eyes. He told her that he thought she was going to be waiting for him alone, like he had sent her in an email, confusing all three of us in the process. Elena frowned and thought about it for a while, before widening her eyes slightly, as if she came to a realisation of what was going on. She excused herself, saying she has to talk to her friend, and they started walking down the beach. Both Katia and I knew she has her heart of gold, but for some reason, we were a bit suspicious of the guy. But as they disappeared out of our sight, we just looked at each other, shrugging, and than got back to our sunbathing. It is a really beautiful day, the sun shining bright, the smell and sound of the water relaxing. A truly beautiful day. We didn't even have an idea how ugly it got for someone close to us.

Suddenly, we heard commotion coming from a little furtherdown the beach. We recognised the voices of Elena and our brother, yelling at each other. Once again, we looked at each other, this time in shock and rushed to see what was going on. Just as we arrived, Cristiano snapped at the guy, I think Elena told us his name was Donny or something, startling all of us in the process. Especially Elena. She kept yelling at him to calm down, but he wasn't listening, instead yelling why she was there and how could she do that to him. I think there is something that El kept from us, that is really important to explain the situation.
"I saw the email! I know you came here to meet him. How could you cheat on me?!"
If this was a cartoon, he would have smoke coming out of his ears. Soon Elena was getting angry too and accused my brother of flirting with Georgina, and thus has no right to accuse her. And they were now going in circles, saying things I knew they didn't really mean, misunderstandings clouding their judgement. I finally decided to step in.

"Enough! What are you two talking about?! This can't be right. Elena is here with us, she had no clue he was coming."
I tried reasoning with them, explaining how, since Cris saw the email, Elena didn't get the notification of a new email, thus not seeing it and it also being pushed downward with all of the companies she worked for. Katia was helping me, trying to explain to Elena that Cris was not flirting with Georgina, and they were fighting for no reason.
"You have a child together, and Junior called Elena mãe. You can't just ruin that over your stupid jealousy. You love each other, and I know neither of you cheated."
Katia chimed in, as they were calming down. Now it was my brother who rolled his eyes at the guy, as he spoke, saying that he knows Elena for a long time, and that they were just friends.
"He's the brother of my best friend back home, I've talked to you about her. Deyna. That's all, we were never really friends, more acquaintances, but now we are friends, after I told him I was already taken."
Elena answered, as Cristiano chuckled and said how funny it was that she never mentioned him.

She has good friends back home, and I know she won't be lonely when she goes back, but here in Madrid, there was really nobody she could call a friend. I hoped one of her friends could be Georgina, after the fact that they really clicked, during the times they talked. But just like everything else with these two, even that couldn't go normally and it just had to disrupt their lives. They still stood where they were when they started fighting, nobody moving an inch. Their heads were low, their eyes looking at one another, shifting back to the ground as they would meet. Crisis evaded, kinda. Now that the situation was defused, we lead them back to the sunbeds we were on previously, including Donny, but he was sitting next to Katia and the two lovebirds, gone rogue for a few days, were on the other side, next to me. They were still not back to their normal selves, looking at each other from time to time, making my sister and I giggle at how they were acting like a high school couple.

There was faint music coming from one of the beach bars, and an idea came to my mind. I whispered it to Katia and we first tried seeing if Donny was really only interested in being Elena's friend, or is he just waiting for the right time to steal her from Cris. We were supposed to observe his behaviour when we ask him if he wants to do it himself. He did get a little tense, slightly jealous, it was easy to tell, but I bet once he sees how lovingly they look at each other, he'll understand he has no chance. That is if this plan works.

---***---
I'm writing this from the cliffhanger rehabilitation centre, but it doesn't seem to be working. I still left off this chapter on a cliffhanger. There is no help for me, oh cruel world!
Jokes aside, I hope you like the chapter, and will continue to be reading my story.

Stay beautiful 💋❤