Fight me

"Fight me" , One Shot, Hospital Au, Nurse!Derek Sick!Stiles, Tumblrpost!Based

Stiles POV:

  I always thought that bad car wrecks would never happen to me. You know? I knew they happened, I've heard stories, but that's all they were to me. Stories. I never once thought I'd have a story of my own.

  I was driving home later than normal, coach decided we needed to do suicides until we considered actual suicide after practice. The radio was on softly, not the normal radio you think of, but a radio that was on the frequency cops used so I could stay up to date with what my dad, the sheriff, was doing. It was a relatively quiet night, the road seemed isolate. I had been tapping on the steering when another set of headlights came on the opposite side of the road. I didn't notice the way it swerved a bit here and there, I was too focused on listening to the case just reported of a domestic dispute. When I looked back up again after having my head down for just a few seconds my eyes were looking dead into the high beam of the other vehicles car as it slammed into my own.

  I came to gasping as the paramedics gently removed me from my Jeep. "I - I can't" I stutter gasping for breath that didn't appear to reach my lungs, at least not fully. "Please remain calm sure, try not and talk, but you need to stay awake alright?" A man spoke to me and I nodded as best I could with a sore neck and focused on my breathing which was still difficult. When I arrived at the hospital I was still struggling for breath. And the doctor did his thing checking my body out as I faded in and out of consciousness.

  When I woke up again I was laying in a hospital room, oxygen tube set up in my nose as I took a deep breath. Breathing was still hard. There was a loud noise and my friends barreled in one after another. "Stiles!!!!!" Scott and Liam said loudly while Malia, Allison and Lydia just looked at me worriedly but with relief in their eyes. Smiling at them I waved and sat up, which took me a bit to do, and hurt but I wasn't about to let that stop me. "How are you? Are you comfortable? Is there anything we can get you?" Lydia asks and I smile at her laying back.

  "Well since you asked... I'd like some curly fries..." I smile again as Liam bolts out of the room to get my request. "Anything else man?" I shift slightly and shrug "I mean some decent pillows would be nice, this one isn't comfortable at all." The rest of the group runs out and I chuckle lightly knowing that I'd get multiple pillows from my idiots. Liam returned and looked around confused. "Where is everyone?" He asks as he sets me up with my fries. "Off to go get me some new pillows." I say chewing on a fry. "Oh. Well I too shall get you a pillow!" He says then charges out and I laugh lightly as my dad walks in. "I see even when your life is in danger you can have fries but I can't" he teases me and I crack a grin.

  "It's just like in freaky Friday my body can handle these fries, yours can't." I say sticking my tongue out as the doctor walks in. "Good afternoon, Sheriff, Stiles" the doctor says nodding. "What's the diagnosis doc?" My dad asks. "Well, the trauma caused by the blunt force to the chest from the accident has caused one of Stiles's lungs to collapse, which is why he's having difficulty breathing. Medically it's called pneumothorax, but collapsed lung works just as good. Luckily it's treatable, Stiles will be all good in a week tops." He says and both me and dad let out breaths we didn't know we were holding. "Thank god." My dad says ruffling my hair. "I have to get back to the station kiddo, but I'll be by to bring you a decent dinner okay?" He says "Okay, stay safe." I say as he and the doctor exit, leaving me with by my lonesome with an uncomfortable pillow.

  A few hours later my friends pile in each brandishing a pillow

  A few hours later my friends pile in each brandishing a pillow. "Which one do you want?" Malia asks and they all began to argue over who's pillow is the best as I laugh. "Well mine is super soft!" Liam says and Scott scoffs "mines has microbeads that conform to the head to give superb comfort." Lydia laughs "Mines is lightweight and helps promote better breathing during REM sleep." Their arguing gets loud and I decide to end it.

"Can I have them all? A mountain of pillows?" I ask and they grin as they set me up a fortress of pillows while I smile big. "Thank you!" I reply muffled through the pillows. "No problem! We have to head out though, we sort of skipped the first couple of periods of class today..." Scott's voice says trailing off and I waved them off. "See you later guys, and thanks, really thanks for the pillows." They all say their goodbyes then leave and soon I'm left alone under a mountain of pillows.

For a while I dozed off until a muted clatter followed by a soft murmur of "shit". Choosing to ignore it I dozed off once more before I am awoken. "Excuse me Mr. Stilinski, I'd hate to wake you but I need to take your vitals and ask a few questions about any pains you may have." A deep velvety voice told me.

Grinning I muster out a weak "fight me" from under my pillows and the deep voice laughs. "Maybe later" the voice says before pillows begin to move.

Smiling at the male nurse I take him in. Tall, dark haired, strong jawline, and attractive green eyes. My own eyes drop to his badge, Derek Hale, even his name is attractive, so is his work ID photo which I didn't think anyone could get a picture as attractive.

He takes my vitals and smiles at me

He takes my vitals and smiles at me. "Alright Mr.Stilinksi, back under your mountain." Carefully he covers me back with my pillows. Smiling to myself and head to sleep.

A few hours later I wake up again to the door opening. "Just here to take your vitals again, Mr.Stilinski" says the deep vpice and I smile, starting to say "fight me" but only getting out the word fight before a fit of coughing over takes me. God damn this collasped lung.

Derek smiles as he checks my vitals telling me "No, I won't fight you, I know you'll just win."

I laugh weakly and he chimes in with a light chuckle before waving. "I will see you again Mr. Stilinski."

Another day or two passes and vistors come and go, nurses come in and out. Finally a doctor comes in and looks at me, his eyes bright. "Well, it looks like your time here with us is coming to and end, you get to go home with your dad tonight."

I cannot help but to grin as I muster up a soft "Really?" As the doctor chuckles and nods. "Yes, a nurse will come in to check your vitals one last time and then wheel you to check out.

Part of me hoped it was Mr. Velvet voice, but it wasn't. Instead it was an older woman with grey hair, a thick accent and stern attitude. "We go now boy."

With wide eyes I sit in the discharge wheelchair, anxiously playing with my fingers.

The walk to the desk was silent. Once at the desk, my dad began filling out paperwork while I stared at the wall thinking of all the good tasting but bad for me food I was about to destroy. A tap on my shoulder snapped me from my thoughts.

There standing in all his glory was none other than velvet voice, in normal clothes and with two cups of coffee in his hand.

"So you get out today?" He says more as a statement rather than a question. "Yep!" I say cheerfully popping the p.

He smiles and hands me a coffee cup. "Well, I hope to see you around then, now that your better. I have to jet, get home safe okay?" He says before waving goodbye and exiting the hosptial.

Smiling to myself I look down at the cup. There scribbled on the top was a number and a little message.

"Fight me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fin.

Sorry for spelling errors my phones autocorrect was not there to assist my writing fury speed thus making errors that I will eventually go back to and fix probably.

Comment your thoughts!!

Comments motivate me to write not going to lie!!!!!