Chapter 1

Hi I'm Cathrine. I'm 10 years old and I love Chloe Lukasiak she is my role model. I don't like dance moms I only watch her YouTube videos. I have no friends. I am tallish but I'm tiny. I have very long blonde hair. I love to do gymnastics. I'm bad at dance but good at gymnastics. I love YouTube. The leader Miss Macy is so nice. I woke up one morning to the sound of the birds outside chirping. I got dressed in a pink oversized tshirt with a black skirt. I brushed my hair and walked downstairs. I had some breakfast and sat alone. I walked over to Miss Macy who is pretty much my only friend. "Good morning Miss Macy." I said with delight. "Well, good morning Catherine!" She said. "I'm gonna go play outside if you need me I'll be there." I said. I walked outside and saw a car pull up into the orphanage. I ignored it and kept playing basketball by my self. I walked over to a tree and started to read. "Hey you get out of our spot!!" A voice yelled at me. "This is not your spot it's just a tree. I said in a sweet voice. It was Bruce and his gang. He took the book from my hand and threw it. "Hey that's not nice" I said. "Yeah that's the point little jerk." He said while pushing me. I looked up at him and ran to fetch my book. I sit at another tree and I started to read again. I heard the bell ring and we got to our school classes. Bruce was in my class so I was always shy. I kept my head down and never answered questions. I always have been that way. My parents died in a hospital after a shooting in my house. I got out of class and walked to the cafeteria. I sat at a table and started to eat. Bruce and his friends walked by and pushed my food to the ground. I ran to get more. I heard the adoption bell. I ran to get in line and Bruce pushed me back. I ran again. It was a long wait. I got to the front finally. I went in and saw Christie Lukasiak. I freaked out in my head. "Hi sweetie what's your name?" She asked me. "Hi I'm Cathrine. I'm 10 years old and I love to read." I said. "Well, do you like any sports?" She asked. "Yeah I like gymnastics." I said. We talked for awhile. "Thank you Cathrine." She said. "Why your welcome." I said while turning to walk out. I went to my room and heard it lock. Bruce locked it. "HELP HELP HELP IM LOCKED IN MY ROOM!!" I screamed. No one heard me. I screamed more and Miss Macy let me out. I hugged her and started to cry. "Thank you Miss Macy." I said while crying. "Oh your welcome." She said back to me. "You need to pack your things." She said. "I'm being adopted." I said. "Yea" she said. I packed my bag and hurried out. As I was walking down the hall Bruce got in front of me. I pushed him and started to run. I got in the car and left.