Chapter 11: Today

Let's build suspense, shall we? SALUTE CAME OUT OMG IM DYING OKAY GUYS LITTLE MIX IS PERFECT. Okay here we go.

Lindsey :))))))

Slightly shaken up right now, but still going.

Kaitlyn xx

*Liz's Perspective*

I wake up to another morning of Harry, shirtless, in the kitchen making my breakfast.

God bless him.

"Harry, I love you," I yawn.

"Yeah, yeah."

"But really." My fingers crawl over to the other side of the bed as I stretch.

"In that case, I love you, too."

I sit up, smiling crookedly at him saying that, once again. Will that joy ever be taken from me? Will I ever get over him touching me, talking to me, nevertheless telling me he loves me? I really hope not.

"Come here," I say groggily.

"Liz, you're probably still asleep. You seem like it." I can hear the smile in his voice.

"I'm not asleep. Just come here." I reach my hands out for him.

He sighs before walking over and I wrap my arms around his torso. I pulled him into me and he flopped onto the bed to my left.

"Hi," I grin before I crane my neck to kiss him, but he turns his head so I can't reach him. "Curse you," I groan.

He chuckles as he moves his head again to look at me. "So are you really awake?"

"Yep," I nod.

"Good, come on." And he rolls off the bed grabbing my hand on the way, taking me with him. I'm literally dragged from the bed to stand on my feet. I shake his hand off just fast enough so that I can catch myself after my bare feet skid and stumble over the floor.

But he's used to it, and I can only hear a ghost of a chuckle. I give the back of his head the stink eye.

"C'mon! French toast!"

"Oh! Yes!" I cheer, and slip and slide my way over to the table. My plate is already set, toast steaming heartily. "Haz, you are the best!" And I really meant it.

I poured syrup over the cinnamon crusted toast as Harry sat down and switched the TV on.

"Do you enjoy watching yourself on the television?" I ask sarcastically. Somehow, he always made the news.

"No," he retorts. "It's just something to do so you won't feel uncomfortable with me staring at you."

That seemed to have a sort of double meaning.

I hear the TV anchor's laugh. I know it at once, it's Today. "I love this channel!" I say, my mouth full.

"I have Matt Louer's number," he laughs. "Is that weird?"

I nearly choke. "Yes! And we so need to prank call him, oh my gosh!"

"I have Matt Louer's cell number, and you want to prank call him?" He asks incredulously.

I nod, and am about to speak when Matt himself cuts me off.

"On a more mysterious, darker note, there has been multiple crimes around Fairfax, Virginia. One of the felonies is centered around robbery, another, a serious security breach. The details have not been released, but as far as we know, these aren't just average crimes. As soon as we get more information, we'll be sharing it with you all." He nods solemnly.

"Huh," I let out. "What do you think it is? A robbery so important it would make Today? Fairfax is near us, you know. And a security breach?"

"I don't know. Not many could really make it. I've seen many of 'security breaches'. Fans really do get wild."

"I'll believe that one."

As I finish my breakfast and start to clear it off and into the dishwasher when Matt interrupts me yet again.

"More details on the mysterious crimes have been released. There were three men, seemingly working together. The robbery was at John's Weaponry and Self Defense, where they stole 8 guns, 3 Tasers, and 5 knives all an assortment of prices. These men seem to have gotten past the immense security in the store, not to mention the hidden metal detectors in the door. The window to the left of the store was shattered, making it clear how they operated without the metal detector interference. The police authority have no leads on these men, none. No fingerprints were found, not a trace of DNA anywhere. No security cameras caught them on video. It was as if they weren't really there. They seemed to disappear like smoke. These criminals certainly knew what they were doing, getting past so thought 'impossible feat'."

My jaw, I found, is handing open. I instinctively reached for my fork and hold it up as if to fend off the criminals who knows how many miles away.

"There was one single thing left there. No traces of them, however. It wasn't quite a ransom note, but still as frightening. It had the cryptic scribble:

C-

P:p11/O14

-D.

No one has any clue as to what that means. The police seem to be simply scratching their heads, wondering just what criminal masterminds got past them. However, they suspect that they might be moving closer to the Falling Moon area, current residing place of the infamous Harry Styles, based on patterns of past criminals. Why? To locate a new target? Who will those weapons be used on? Hold on to those you love."

I'm frozen. I hear my plate crash to the floor. "No..."