Chapter 27: New Moon

It's summer guys, so glad to be back and writing. I have no clue where Kaitlyn is, but the pleasure is ours. :-) You-- every single one of you-- are perfect.

Yours truly,

Lindsey

I think it's time for New Moon.

Yes, it is summer. Kaitlyn's here, sorry about that. And lovely. I've been waiting for so long. It's just about to get good. New Moon.

Forever & Always,

Kaitlyn

*Liz's Perspective*

"What's wrong?" My eyebrows knit themselves.

"Nothing, love." He continued to stare straight ahead at the TV, and I could tell he was nervous. His foot was tapping, it was unnecessary movement. Harry only does that when something's wrong.

"Don't lie to me..."

"I'm not."

"Then what is it? What's bothering you?"

"Nothing."

I got up from under his arm and put my face in front of his so he could see that I knew he was lying to me.

"Harry Styles, tell me now. You've done everything for me, the least I could do is sympathize or even--here's a crazy idea--help you."

"Well, nothing's wrong." He's smiling, but I've seen too many people put up masks. And I knew his mask all too well.

I raise my eyebrows. "Is it those men who attacked attacked your sister?"

He sighed. "Yeah. They make me uneasy, being so close to you...and right after what happened with Gemma..."

To me? The safest place for me was wherever Harry Styles happened to be.

"I can take care of myself."

"I know, but I can't help but worry."

"Worrying's my thing."

"It shouldn't be." He adjusts himself so that he's wrapped around me.

As I turn into him, I realize something. He's the first one I've trusted in...in...I can't remember when. Everyone I've trusted has let me down, I learned to only trust God. I blocked them out, took matters into my own hands, never fully relied on anyone. Because that just gave them the opportunity to break me, it had happened so many times.

But somehow this man pushed himself through my blockades. And it's like he's part of me. It's been so long, and it feels so good to be released of some of the pressure of the world that had been set on my shoulders. Yes, overdramatic you may say, but I could explain everything I've been through and even then you would never understand it. Not the depth of everything. No one does. No one has been through it. Well, with one exception but she hardly counts.

I don't think I could live without him at this point. It's horrible because I tell myself I'll be with him forever yet another more rational side of me is saying: he's too good to be true, don't count on it. He'll be gone in the blink of an eye, like everything else.

"Sometimes I wish you could read my mind," I murmur.

"I would probably go insane trying to keep up with it," he says softly.

"Mm."

"What are you thinking?"

"That's for you to find out, isn't it?"