Wake me when the previews are over

Jess's POV

So when do you want to go to the movies?

"would you stop that and actually speak to me?" I laughed and shook my head.

No because this is fun.

"Then you should tell me how to do it."

Nah I'd rather you be out in public and people start thinking you're crazy.

"You're an ass." I shook my head and grabbed my jacket. I needed to head home and grab some new clothes maybe even take a shower.

But you love me really.

I rolled my eyes and started to leave.

Where are you going?

"To change clothes and shower at my house."

Oh ok. So I'll pick you up at 7:30?

"Ok." I smiled and walked downstairs. I said my goodbyes to his parents and left. It was weird to leave to go home I'd been living here for so long.

Once I got home I took a nice hot shower. My dad and step mom weren't home which was ok with me. Since they weren't home I turned my music up as loud as I could get it.

I was wrapped up in my towel and decided I should go ahead and do my make-up. After what seemed like for vet I finally got it perfect.

Now for the super hard part. What am I going to wear?

I walked to my dresser and looked through it until I found my white crop top and black ripped jeans.

"Ok so I'll just wear my leather jacket and black converse. All I have to do now is wait."

Why was I all of a sudden really nervous? I mean we are just friends going out. I decided to do the one thing that calms me. Draw. I looked around and realized I left my most recent drawing book at Adrian's.

"Oh god I hope he doesn't look through it." I found my old drawing book and decided to start drawing.

After an hour I heard a doorbell and it pulled me out of my zone. When I looked down at my drawing I started I realized I was drawing Adrian. I laughed and grabbed my leather jacket and my shoes and ran down stairs to see Adrian's silhouette through the door. I checked my hair and my make up in the mirror and looked at my clothes. Oh god what if I don't look good enough.

I took in a deep breath and went to the door.

"Hey Adrian."

"Jess, you look beautiful," he said looking me up and down. A small smile creeped onto his face. "Are you ready to go?" He asked sweetly.

"Yeah I am." I smiled and we headed out to the movie theater.

When we got there we decided to watch Lego Batman. I wasn't real sure about going to see it. I mean I wanted to but why did we have to go on a Friday night. A lot more people from school would be there.

Adrian decided to go get the popcorn while I went and got us the best seats. I figured I was safe once I got into the room.

I don't know why I cared if they where there and if they saw me seeing this movie. Popularity didn't matter to me anymore. All that mattered to me was I was out with Adrian and I was happy about that. I smiled when I saw Adrian come in. He sat beside of me and handed me my drink.

"This movie better be good." I said while stealing some popcorn.

"It's two of your favorite things Legos and batman of course it's going to be good." He laughed.

"True." I laughed.

I laid my head on Adrian's shoulder. "Wake me when the previews are over." I laughed.