Chapter 16: Love

"What the bloody fuck did you do?" Pansy shrieked, pointing at Neville with one furious finger and looking like she very much wanted to bite his head off.

Neville, on the other hand, looked like he wanted to dig a hole and shove his head down there like an ostrich and never have to deal with the world ever again, because Pansy Parkinson obviously wanted to murder him, Draco Malfoy (Draco Malfoy!) was scrambling to get in his arms with puckered lips, and Blaise Zabini was looking at him wide-eyed and accusing.

Neville wanted to shrivel into a ball.

"I—I don't know—" he gasped out helplessly, still holding Draco away at arms-length. "I swear, I didn't do anythi – Malfoy, stop it!"

And just like that, like a switch turned off, Draco stopped. In fact, he stopped all movement and was looking at Neville, wide-eyed and shocked.

Pansy and Blaise had looked shocked too, at how easily Draco listened, but now they just felt like fainting because Draco's eyes were starting to water and his lower lip was starting to tremble and this was Draco Malfoy!

"You hate me," Draco gasped out despairingly, gazing at Neville with misery.

Pansy's cry was one of horror. "Oh, dear God!" she muttered, frustrated, and got out her wand.

"Stupefy!"

Harry wasn't sure about what was going on. He wasn't sure really if eating those mashed potatoes that Ron had been eating was a good idea because he was seeing things, things like – well, like Draco pouncing on Neville and kissing him!

He also saw Pansy Stupefy-ing her best friend, but that shock was for later because all he could think about was Draco and Neville and kiss and ow, Harry wanted to curl into a ball and die.

He stood there shell-shocked, eyes wide and mouth open as Pansy, Blaise and Neville now helped each other to get Draco's unconscious form off the ground.

Behind him, he vaguely registered the doors to the Great Hall opening and Ron and Hermione stepping out, but that was the moment that Pansy finally saw him, eyes widening and hands dropping from Draco's arm and shoulder. Consequently, Neville and Blaise were taken by surprise at the sudden weight and they ended up dropping Draco on the floor.

Hermione and Ron stared, frozen and not very sure about what they were seeing, and Pansy shrieked once more in fury as the finger that had once pointed to Neville now pointed at Harry, demanding.

In retrospect, of course Harry didn't do anything wrong other than stand there and gape, but Draco's real love was Harry and that was enough reason for Pansy, who just really needed to yell at someone, to scream:

"Harry fucking Potter, get your bloody ass here right now!"

"Longbottom –" Pansy wheezed, as she willed her arm and wand to stay outstretched despite the painful strain at having done so for the past ten minutes. She forced herself to, anyway, because it felt like she was the only one capable of casting a good Hovering Charm among Neville, Ron and Harry.

Blaise and Hermione stood at the side, continuously casting Disillusionment Spells, because they were the only ones who knew how to do decent ones.

As for Hovering Spells, it was a fairly basic spell taught since first year, when they first started out with feathers, and although they've gone a long way from levitating almost weightless objects, the dead-weight of an unconscious 18-year-old boy was quite another thing.

Pansy already knew that Neville would suck in regards to the Hovering Spell, so she hadn't really expected much. She didn't really expect anything out of Weasley either, mainly out of Slytherin obligation rather than anything else, but Harry, well, she knew from their little stay in the chambers of the Philosopher's Stone that the boy knew his Hovering Charms, but right now, well, he was just –