iv. -- i.

iv. -- i. There has been a breach in some of the defensive systems, so everyone's geared up and waiting with Allura as she pilots the ship. She has asked the mice to scout the castle, but two of them were afraid, so Pidge sent his drone along with them.

Coran is travelling between the teludav and the cab, constantly making sure the scaultrite lenses aren't cracked or out of place like they were in the past. I'm spinning around in my chair as Allura checks and rechecks the security cameras, seeing only Coran and the mice pop up on the possible threats screen.

"I don't think we're making any progress by just sitting here," Hunk voices my thoughts. Finally.

"If there's been an attack on the ship, chances are the invaders aren't too happy with us," she answers sternly. "We're not currently prepared to fend off any Galra, either, so we must stay together before we..."

Her voice trails off as the mice scurry to her feet, giving her the squeak that means their search was unsuccessful.

"Maybe it's coming from outside the castle," Pidge offers.

"Actually, that's a possibility," Keith puts forward. "There haven't been any serious threats on our end of the ship, and the cameras aren't picking anything up."

"How about we head to the lions and check out the outside of the castle? We'll keep you updated," Shiro says. But I'm tired.

"I suppose that's not a totally off idea," she sighs worriedly. "All right. I'll notify Coran; just brace yourselves for an attack."

"Let's go, guys," Shiro says. I hop out of my chair and blink multiple times to get rid of the dizzy stirring in my head.

In a hurry, I dash to Blue and slide into the cab, preparing my Bayard and all the proper startup controls. Coran recently made repairs on my lion's rocket boosters, so I fly with more ease now.

"Everyone here?" Shiro checks over the microphone.

"Present," Pidge says.

"Affirmative," Keith grumbles. I'm not surprised at how low his voice is at the moment; he's been rather weary lately due to the last workout session and the extent to which he trains.

"All in check," Hunk confirms.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I sigh, still flipping switches to customize my adventure with the Blue lion.

"I think I'm all right," Shiro finalizes. "You know what's next."

Everyone's voices cut out as we leave the ship and fly out into space, our suits in tact and our lions orbiting around Allura's castle. I crack my neck and inhale as I look around me; there are shining blue and orange stars not entirely too far away from us, the outline of a nebula beyond the stars, and, of course, my teammates. The space directly in front of us is completely black, though; not dotted with spheres of luminescence; not inhabited by a dying planet, teeming with sorrow and slowly wasting away its clans. I've seen a lot of those lately.

Just as a blinding glint feuds with my vision, Shiro returns, "All right, Paladins. Form Voltron!"

I shake back into the moment and push Blue into the center of attention, Shiro remaining in his position. I hear deafening roars and clink noises as the lions fold and become one with the others, but it's over in a flash, for the objective of Voltron is to perform fast and efficiently.

"Guys," I breathe out. "Did anyone else just lose their eyesight?"

"I did," Pidge pipes up. "Not literally. Something reflected off my glasses and directly into my eyes!"