One

*three weeks ago*

"I'm pleased to say that you're having a baby girl, congratulations." The nurse said with a warm smile.

The tug on my hand took my watery eyes away from the ultrasound screen and into a pair of blue eyes.

"A girl sweetheart." He says with a smile and I feel my cheeks beginning to ache from the smile.

"A girl." I repeat, as if trying to get it in my head.

I see his eyes turn to ones of reluctance, his mouth gaping like a fish for a few moments and that alone is enough to tell me what he's about to say.

"I have to tell him Noah." I sigh and watch his eyebrows pull together.

"He bailed on you Ripley." He says, frowning.

"I know." I whisper.

"What was his excuse this time?" He asks uninterested.

"Work." I whisper, knowing what he's going to say.

"Obviously." He laughs mockingly.

"Noah-" I start.

"No!" He exclaims, making me jump. "Every time there is anything important, anything to do with this baby, it's always work." He stands up and paces the room.

"I know but-"

"He's up to something, something which is going to hurt you in the long run, I can feel it." He rambles.

"Like what? He's secretly got a wife and three kids?" I chuckle and watch him come to my side once again.

"He's not a good guy Ripley." He stares into my eyes and I smile.

"I know you don't like him Noah, but he wouldn't hurt me." I say.

"Who are you trying to convince? Yourself or me?" He asks.

"It's probably best that you don't stress her out." The nurse speaks up from next to me and I suck in a breath, forgetting she was even there.

"I'll go and print the pictures, you stay here and relax." She says, glancing at Noah as she says relax.

I hold in a laugh as she leaves and turn to Noah.

"It's all going to be fine." I smile but deep down, I have a feeling I'm not right.