5 ~ Doubt

I'm letting ya'll know, some of the events in danganronpa 3 will be switched around. Like, nothing that affects the plot, just small scenes like that soup scene and stuff like that.

(Name) shot up, eyes wide. "N-Nagito?! What're you doing in my house?!"

"Well school's about to start soon, and you weren't at school. So I came to get you before Ms. Yukizome lectured you. I knocked on the door and it opened right up." Komaeda explained, smiling.

"I forgot to lock the door..?" She mumbled, then frowned. "Wait, what time is it?"

"8:45. School starts at 8:55." He reminded, and she shot up.

"Shit, I'm gonna be late!" (Name) had started to run to her room, but was stopped by a hand grasping her wrists. She froze, turning to face Nagito who was gripping her hand harshly and giving her a glare.

"Why did you kill?"

Her heart dropped, her eyes widening. She wasn't expecting a why, but a who. "W-What?"

"I'm no idiot. I noticed the blood everywhere. I'm guessing due to your talent, you were killing someone. And I don't mind. That's who you are." Nagito stated. "But I can tell you did it because of despair. So tell me, why did you kill?"

"I-I can't.." She shook her head, and suddenly she was being pinned against the wall.

"Why did you do it?!" He yelled, grasping her shoulders. She shrunk back, biting her lip.

"I can't tell you! Trust me, I would if I could!"

"Why can't you tell me?!"

"Because the siblings will have you killed, ok?!" (Name) brought her leg up, placed her foot on his gut, and pushed him away. He stumbled backwards on to the floor, staring up at her as she ran into her room. He watched her leave, slowly getting up. He examined the bloody living room, and sighing he turned on his heels, walked into her kitchen, and grabbed a bunch of cleaning supplies.

"Guess I should make myself useful for once."

When (Name) walked back downstairs, dressed and ready to go, her eyes widened in surprise as she noticed her now clean floors. "What the..?" She raised an eyebrow, looking over at the lucky student who was smiling.

"Lets get to class, hm?" He nudged his head towards the door, and she nodded and walked out her house with him following behind.

The two walked in a silence for a few minutes, before (Name) spoke up.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"You were just trying to help. I apologize." She sighed, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye.

"It's ok. I understand. You didn't wanna tell trash like me." He smiled, and she clicked her tongue against her mouth.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you killed." (Name) explained.

"Who would kill me?" Nagito raised an eyebrow, and she looked around nervously before speaking in a low tone.

"You can't tell anyone, ok..? If you tell anyone else what I'm about to tell you, it will end in your death. Do you understand me?" He nodded his head slowly, urging her to continue. "Junko Enoshima and Mukuro Ikusaba. You know, the blonde and dark haired girl who pulled me out of class the other day." He promptly nodded his head again. "I had to bust out a dude from an underground lab.. I swear, if you tell anyone I can get expelled.."

"I won't tell anyone, I swear." He reassured.

"I want to believe you.. I don't want to doubt you.. Don't make me regret doing that." (Name) threatened.

"I promise, nobody will know.. So why'd they have you get that guy?" He questioned, and she shrugged.

"Beats me. Junko has some sort of obsession with despair.." She sighed, and Nagito flinched.

"Despair..?"

"Yeah.. She loves how unpredictable it is.." She nodded, and he scowled.

"You killed because of despair?"

"I.. guess you could put it that way, yes." She raised an eyebrow.

"Despair is not a good reason to kill!" He yelled in a whisper voice, glaring at her. She noticed the glare and widened her eyes in shock.

"I know, I know.. But I had no choice, she threatened to kill the girls in our class." (Name) defended, and Nagito softened his look.

"So you did it to protect your classmates.. You had hope that if you did that, everyone would live.. Ok. Understandable." Komaeda reasoned, and she sighed in relief.

Before they realized it, the two had been standing at their classroom door. They entered the room to find everyone surrounding a tv, and they both raised an eyebrow in confusion. They were too busy worrying about what was going on they forgot to close the door.

Maybe that was their first mistake.

"Yo, (Name)! Nagito! You're here!" Ibuki chimed happily.

"Yeah. Sorry we're late, I slept in." (Name) chuckled softly.

"What's going on over there?" Nagito pointed to the tv.

"Chiaki brought games for us to play!" Sonia explained happily.

"I made this tv myself you know, Miss Sonia." Souda smiled proudly, but Sonia ignored him.

"Video games?"

"And I made soup for later!" Teruteru chimed.

"Well shit." (Name) groaned, and everyone laughed softly. Nagito gave her a smile before sitting down with his classmates.

As (Name) stood there and her classmates and teacher paid attention to the tv, she smiled happily as she watched them. Her back was to the door of their classroom, and she was about to join her class in the game before something bluntly hit the back of her head. She gave a slight groan, and before she could stumble backwards, hands dragged her out of the classroom. She was too stunned from the blow to her head to do anything, and as she passed out she heard the laughter of a certain blonde.

Second mistake? Believing the words of Junko Enoshima.