Chapter: 15

Jessica's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of knocking on the window. Guess who? 2 musketeers. "Open the damn window!" Jade said knocking. "Do you know what a door is?" I asked opening my eyes. I didn't even get up.

"Okay, have it your way!" Maddie said. I raised an eyebrow. "DID JESSICA REALLY KISS CARTER?" She shouted. "Shut up and get your *sses here!" I said and opened the window and they entered. "Morning" I said. "You need to get ready!" Maddie screamed into my ear. "Geez for what!" I said back. "Your boyfriend will come over in... 7 hours to pick you up for a date" Maddie said smiling. Jade gave me a thumb up.

I groaned. "How many times do I have to tell you! Don't take my phone without my permission!" I said. They started counting. I rolled my eyes. "It's a bad idea" I said worriedly. What if they don't like him? What if-I was cut off by Jade. "I don't want to hear that get ready!" Jade said. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Go, go, go" They screamed and I ran into the bathroom.

I took a shower, dried my hair and brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around me and saw Jade and Mads on my phone. Again. I rolled my eyes and took my phone. "What will you wear?" Maddie asked. "I don't know" I said and sat on my bed. "It's okay we know" Jade said. They searched through my wardrobe and chose a cute dress and shoes with little heels.

"And the final step" Jade said pointing to my make up bag. "God help me" I said. Jade took out an eyeliner and mascara. "Those things are dangerous!" I said avoiding her hands. I hit my eye with that not once. "Don't be crazy" Jade said. "This won't be easy" Maddie said smirking. I stuck out my tongue at her and Jade started doing my make up. Maddie joined in.

"And done" Jade mumbled ending sticking my face with whatever you call them. "You look gorgeous!" Maddie squealed. I looked into the mirror. I looked better then I thought, I kind of like it.

"Carter's eyes will die on you" Jade said. "Do I want that?" I said chuckling. "The most important thing is that my brothers have to like him" I said. "Why wouldn't they like him" She said. "Yeah think of the worst that might happen. They will flip out. So what? He may dump you s-Maddie was cut off by Jade hitting her arm. I glared at her. "Sorry" Maddie said.

"Jess come dow- Matt walked in and stopped when he saw me. "What did you do to my sister" He asked Maddie and Jade. "She's getting ready for the date" Jade said and glared at him. He groaned. "What" I asked raising an eyebrow. "On a date with that Carter kid that I have never met?" He said. I guess he's still mad at me. He hates when I keep secrets from him "Yup" Maddie said. "When will he come" Matt asked. "In 2 hours" I said. He rolled his eyes and left. I sighed. "You know it's normal that brothers don't want you to get a guy" Maddie said. "Well that doesn't give them rights to dictate my life" I said smiling.

We spent the rest of the day in my room talking about how they will react.

6:45 PM
My brothers were sitting on the couch. The doorbell rang. "I'll get it" Scott shouted from downstairs. Jade and Maddie were doing my hair. "Who is it?" I said. "It's Austin!" He yelled from downstairs. "Okay!" I said. Austin is his best friend since middle school. Carter will be here in 15 minutes! I'm getting nervous!

7:10 PM
"What is taking him so long?" I said. "Maybe he's stuck in traffic" Jade said. "No. he's definitely getting you a present" Maddie said. I laughed slightly and went downstairs. "Guys hasn't he come yet?" I asked. They shook their heads. "Where's Austin" I asked. "He left" Scott said. "So fast?" I asked. They nodded. That's suspicious.

I walked upstairs. Jade and Maddie are on my phone. "What the hell!" I yelled and took my phone. "I don't think you should read it" Jade said. "Why?" I asked and took my phone. I started reading texts from Carter. My eyes widened and I walked downstairs.

"YOU ^SSHOLES!!!" I screamed them in rage. "Language!" Scott said. I rolled my eyes. "I can't believe you lied to me! How could you!" I yelled. "Stop being a drama queen" Matt said. "You punched him in the nose!" I shouted. They stayed silence. "He's bleeding! How could you do that! Do you not care about my feelings at all?" I asked. 

"You are not dating that guy and that's it" Liam said. "You are not the boss of me!" I yelled. "Since mom is not here we are" Matt said. "Oh, shut up" I said. "Jessica" Scott yelled. "Why are you such jerks! What changed you!" I screamed. "Go to you room. You are not seeing that guy" Scott said pointing upstairs. "Again. You are not the boss of me!" I said. "That's it you're grounded" He said. "That's not fair!" I raised my voice. "I decide what is and what is not. You are not going on a date with him" He said. "You don't understand!" I said. "You are not going" Liam said. "I wish dad was here he would've let me go" I said as my eyes filled with years. "Jess-Liam was cut off by me running upstairs.

I walked into my room. Maddie and Jade hugged me. "We heard everything. So it's over? you are breaking up?" Jade asked. They looked worried. "No" I said strictly still with tears in my eyes. "What do you mean no??" Maddie said. "I don't care what they said. I will sneak out. Every day if I have to" I said. I was pissed off. "Okay, I think we should go now. Stay strong. Call or text if you need us we're gonna be there" Jade said and they left. Actually they glared at my brothers and left. I locked the bedroom door. I looked at the photo frame with me and my brothers picture in it. "Ugh" I hit it and it fell on the floor.

I texted Carter. Matthew knocked on the door. "Can I come in?" He asked. "No" I said. "Please?" He said. "No! I broke up with him you can sleep in peace" I said. "Okay go to bed then" Matthew said. "love you" He said. I didn't respond.

I texted Carter to meet me in the park. I changed into leggings and a hoodie, slipped into my sneakers and ran to the park. "Hey" He said kissed me. "Your nose" I said. "It's alright" He said. "You didn't even fight back" I said as tears welled in my eyes. "Sweetheart, I wouldn't hurt people you love" He said and pulled me into a hug. 

I came to the realization. "You know what? I don't care what they think. Clearly, they don't care what I think. I'm grounded but I'm here" I said after I broke the hug. "What are you trying to say" He asked and wrapped his arms around my waist. "We will still be together and they won't know a thing. I'm never going to talk to them anyway" I said. He sighed. "Are you in?" I asked. "Please for me" I said as I started tearing up. He sighed and kissed me. I kissed back. It felt even better than before.

I sneaked back in. Deep inside I knew this was a bad idea, but they made me do it. They hurt me. They ignored my feelings. My own brothers.