9

Word Count: 4767

Hey baes! So I've decided to update "early". I know it's late and that I changed the goal by 80 reads and I'm sorry, but my exam period just ended and I hope you understand.

I know even exams aren't an excuses to break my promise and I promise that I'll update from now on.

Next goal: 1k reads and 200 votes. Thanks and ILYSM!! ❤❤

See you soon with another chapter ;)

Love,
Jacee 😚

Chapter 9:

The Valentine's
Masquerade

          As I sat down in the limousine, I realised that we were the only people being fetched by this driver. Huh, I thought, They must've let Violet and Allen get their own limousine after hearing what happened. I praised the lords and thanked Vincent and Cynthia silently in my head.

           Soon, we reached school and the car was driven into the foyer. Chase got out first, holding the door open and a hand out for me like a gentleman. I blushed, taking his hand and stumbled out awkwardly. He chuckled at my clumsiness and I hit his shoulder lightly, still blushing.

          ˝Come on, let's go in,˝ he said, snaking his arm around the small of my back.

         I nodded, pulling up the bottom of my gown by a little so I wouldn't trip. I glanced around and saw plenty other girls in pretty, short dresses and wondered if I was going to be the outcast of the night by wearing a long, 'fat' gown.

          As if hearing my negative thoughts, Chase pulled me closer to him, whispering in my ear, ˝Don't worry Gem, you're forever the most beautiful girl at school.˝

          I felt my blush ignite and stared down at my heels, focusing on walking. Suddenly, a kerb had to appear and make me trip over it. I cussed softly, scowling as I scraped my ankle on the school grounds. Chase brought me to a nearby bench and sat down, crouching down to take a look at my ankle.

          ˝Is it bad?˝ I asked, wincing when he took out a water bottle, washing the wound.

          He wiped it dry with a tissue, smiling up at me in the process, ˝Nah. Just got scratched lightly by a shrub. It isn't that bad. I'm going to get a plaster for you.˝

          He stood up, promising that he would be right back, then jogged off to ask students who were pouring into the school. There was no doubt that most of the girls wearing pinchy-shoes would have spare plasters in their bags just in case they got blisters. And it wouldn't be a problem for Chase to get them —judging by the horny looks all the girls in school shot him, they would scram from their dates just to touch him, regardless if they had a boyfriend present.

          ˝Hey.˝

          I turned around and as much as I hoped it wouldn't be, it was the heartbreaking, blond bastard of a asshole jerk who cheated. Guess what boy? I'm going to crawl out of her mind and give your ass a kick so fine that you'll fly all the way to Singapore and back. That's directly across the earth, hun, Kasey scowled in my head.

          ˝Hey my foot! You shouldn't be here, Chase is coming back and unless you want to let him slice pieces of your ass off in delight for our pepperoni pizza dinner, shut up and f*ck off,˝ I seethed, trying to keep my excited middle finger calm.