11

Word Count: 4439

Hey baes! I'm sorry this took so long... I wanted to update on 4th July as a gift to y'all but it got delayed by a little...

Anyway, happy belated Fourth of July!!! I hope you've all had a great holiday and here's chapter 11. After you're done reading please don't hate me 😂😂 I think my friends are gonna kill me tho...

Also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.49K I'M SO HAPPY 😭😭😂😂

Follow me on IG: @jaceelxw
@chasingthequeen

Happy reading and don't forget to leave comments and a vote! ❤❤

Love,
Jacee😚😚

PS I featured an IG acc of my friend's so please go check it out 😊

Chapter 11:

Pretend Dating and
The New Queen

          I walked out the door after breaking away from the hug between Aunt— Mum and me. It still set an odd feeling in me to call her that, but hey, things take time, didn't they? Deciding it would be fun to ride my bike to school today and play the badass girl, I had on a black outfit made up of a leather jacket, a leather wrap bustier top, a pair of leather leggings and some velvet ankle boots. I hopped onto my bike after throwing my bag into the compartment under the seat.

          ˝Bye, Mum!˝ I yelled for the last time and smiled when she waved at me before driving off.

          I was feeling much happier than I ever did since I was six, knowing that my mother was actually still alive. I knew, however, that things would turn horrible once I got to school. The good-bad catch, remember? Still, I drove there quickly and parked my bike.

          I got off my bike and slung my bag over my left shoulder before striding towards the big, glass double-doors. Some of my schoolmates smiled and greeted me whereas I just nodded curtly back at them. The rest just stared as I played out my act. It was ridiculous, of course, but I wouldn't want to lose my concentration. After all, who knows if I might get a Oscar like Jennifer Lawrence one day? But my act was probably already ruined by my stupid arm in bandages.

          I pushed the doors open as effortlessly as I could and walked to my locker, trying to look as cool as possible. There by my locker stood my friends— Melanie, Violet, Allen, Widen, Natasha, Elliot, Leroy and Crystal. Wait a second. Where is Chase?

           Giggles and squeals erupted from the group of girls standing behind us and I took a selfie with a frustrated face, circling the girls in red before posting on Instagram. My caption was When you try to act cool and stuff but fail miserably only to watch as your real badass friend steps onto school grounds. PS I'm like a nugget compared to his chicken cutlet.

          Chase, as usual, was looking hot. Not gonna lie. He was in a black outfit too, to my dismay. What? What dismay? Ugh, what's that smell? OMG KATRINA YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE! I rolled my eyes at both my conscience and Chase, huffing loudly as I hit the post button.

          ˝Hey beautiful,˝ Chase kissed the side of my head, throwing an arm around my shoulders, ˝What's with the attitude?˝

          I huffed loudly again and ignored him, taking my books out of my locker before locking it. He chuckled, shaking his head. He definitely did not know what I thought, so I was confused as to why he was laughing. My first period that day was Music, as well as Chase's, so we decided to walk to class together.