10

Word Count: 4566

Hey baes! I decided to update early. I wanted to thank all of you for 1.07k reads so THANK YOU!!!! I was just scrolling through Wattpad yesterday when 934 reads shot up to 1k and you have no idea how loud I screamed. My mum was like "Shut up, it's late"

Lol thanks mum, you're going to see this very soon.

Also, thank you AHA2017, The Glimmer Awards, The Giggle Awards, TWO and TLA!!! Thank you all so much for accepting me and thank you to Thatderpybryan and others who tagged me to join. ILYSM❤❤

And please go follow my other account NotKatJackson if you haven't. I have a Poem Shop, Book Review(for free) and I will be opening a cover tryouts shop soon so hurry there! R4Rs with this book will also be conducted with that account so this account won't have much problems. Thanks again baes!

Your next goal is 270 votes, no read goals. Think you can make it? Try hard and see you in the next chapter!

Love,
Jacee 😚😚

Chapter 10:

The Truth

          I winced as the douchebag dropped the sharp tool which accidentally scratched my arm. He moved away from me and turned to face the owner of the voice.

          Nathan chuckled nervously, ˝Chase! My man! We haven't seen you in forever—˝

          ˝Is that how you greet an old friend, Nate? Hurting his date? I must say, Nathan, you are very kind,˝ Chase sneered sarcastically.

          I watched as Frank's eyes widened in shock as he took in the information and thanked Chase in my heart. If you never came, I would be crying so hard right now, I thought. I really did owe Chase a lot.

          Nathan backed away to his friend, but the coward took off before Nathan could seek help from him. I felt something watery and warm running down my arm. Everything started to whizz around in turns and my vision blurred.

          ˝Chase... I...˝ I managed to get out before my eyelids closed.

          ˝I'm sorry sweetie, but you have to go out,˝ the lady in white said, giving me a sad smile.

          I knew what it meant. But it couldn't be!

          ˝No! I need to see my Mummy and Daddy! I need to know they're okay!˝ I cried, begging the lady.

          She held my little hands in hers and told me gently, ˝Honey, sometimes there are challenges in life —tests that we have to take. We have to pass them by ourselves, overcome the challenges with our own ways. And yours has come. I'm sorry.˝

          The guilt in her eyes would have never been mistaken by a girl like me. My body lost all feelings and I slipped to the ground. Teardrops dripped down rhythmically, one by one, as if someone was releasing them to a beat.

          ˝No! I have to go see them! I have to see Jake! They are okay!˝ I insisted, running past her and into the room.

          Mummy and Jake were on the bed and Daddy was lying on the floor. They didn't move. They're asleep, Tina, I told myself. But their chests weren't rising up and down and I couldn't hear them breathing. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand; it was true. They were gone.