CHAPTER 1

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN DETECTIVE CONAN

MARRIED SHRUNKEN TEENAGER

8 years already pass by and they now are 15 years old,the Detective Boys now is in their junior high school having their lesson of the day near it end

The final bell rang ending the school day. For 15 years old Yoshida Ayumi it couldn't have come any sooner. She quickly packed her school bags and headed off to meet her friends. Out in front of the school she met up with her two best friends Mitsuhiko and Genta. As the group began planning how to spend their afternoon the heard several loud whistling and name calling from the other students. "Hey look it's the taboo pair." "It's the incest twins." "Come on it's not like their related." "Yes they are only step-siblings." "Yeah, they are the married siblings."

'Married Siblings' Ayumi thought 'if only they knew just how correct they are.' As she watch Edogawa Conan and Haibara Ai or should be now called Kudo Shinichi and Kudo Shiho walking hand in hand together down the hallway make her remember that everything she believe ever since 8 years ago crumble to bits.

-FLASHBACK THREE YEARS AGO-

Ayumi walked down the street heading toward the park,she could hear the voices of her friends having a conversation. Even though it's rude she couldn't help but an urge of wanting to eavesdrop. After all it would be great if she could get the drop on them for once.at least.

"Edogawa-kun I should tell her alone," said Ai.

"No, this is something we should tell them together Haibara," said Conan.

"But, I want to at least tell Ayumi alone,I owe her that much," pleaded Ai.

"We both owe her that much I only hope she can forgive us," sighed Conan, "you can come out now."

"Forgive you for what?" Ayumi said as she jumped out from behind the bench they were sitting on. They both looked at her without even flinching. 'Darn another attempt to surprise them failed' she thought

Conan was just about to say something when Ai raised her hand and stepped forward. "I'm sorry Ayumi, I know I promised that I would support you and all but........," Ai started, "you see me and Edogawa are engaged to be married." Ai showing what looked like a diamond ring but it had it be a fake.

"How, why, when," Ayumi could only mumble as she saw the symbol of her best friend and crush's betrayal.

"Ayumi-chan please let us explain..." but their words fell on deaf ears as Ayumi's mind went blank.

After the events in the park Ayumi locked herself in her room for days. Neither her parents nor her friends could get her to come out. Then out of boredom and a need to get out she snuck out of the house and started to just walk around. Try as hard as she might the memory of the ring haunted her as every happy couple looked like Conan and Ai. Then without knowing how she ended up in the last place she wanted to be the park where Ai and Conan showed her the ring. Ayumi felt that she needed closure and that this was the first step. She headed for the bench hoping it will help her confront Ai when she noticed that someone was crying there.

It was Mouri Ran. Ayumi walked up to her and asked, "What's the matter Ran-neechan?"

"Ayumi-chan," Ran said wiping her tears, "It's nothing. What bring you here?"

Ayumi told Ran what happened and how she came here hoping that it was either a bad dream, or maybe find the courage to face Conan and Ai again.

Ran listen to her patiently and without interrupting. After she was done Ran smiled as sad smile, "Looks like we're in the same boat, Shinichi called me told me he was coming back." Ran looked lost in thought, "he also said that he was getting married as well and he wanted me to be a bridesmaid." Ran laughed, "I waited all this time for him, he promised he'd return, he asked me to wait for him, and now he's marrying someone else, someone he met on a case!" Ran punched a nearby tree almost uprooting it. Tears fell from Ran's eyes, "Part of me wants to hurt him, but at the same time I also want him to be happy."