CHAPTER 3

As dawn approached,the warm rays of the sun brought with it the promise of a new day. This promise was especially true for two seemingly normal Children standing in the middle of a small bridge.

"It's finally over."

"Yeah"

After so much blood and sacrifice,the Black Organization finally fell thanks to the coalition of the Japanese police force, FBI, and CIA.

"I guess you can go back to her now," Ai handed Conan a handkerchief.

Conan looked at what was wrapped in the handkerchief that Ai handed him and found the item he sought for years now, "the antidote!"

Ai walked towards him and kissed him lightly on the lips, "farewell".

Conan saw the tears in her eyes as she turned away, 'All this time I wanted to get my body back so I can return to her, not realizing that someone else has become a part of my life. It never occurred to me that she may someday leave.'

"Haibara wait!"

Ai turned around to see Conan wiping her tears with the handkerchief she just gave him. The antidote that was wrapped in the handkerchief fell down into the river below.

"Don't you understand, all this time....I wasn't just protecting the antidote maker...."

-A Few Months later in Beika Park-

After making several promises to his parents Conan finally had enough money to do thing that he have wanted to do since few months ago.

"Ai-chan, will you Marry Me?" Conan said down on one knee presenting a rather fancy engagement ring.

"No," Ai said in her monotone voice. She looked in amusement at Conan's crushed expression.

"B-B-But....why?" Conan asked in an almost desperate tone.

"I don't want to be married as Haibara Ai but as Miyano Shiho, and she's in love with Kudo Shinichi." Ai's voice was gentle.

Conan smiled after he heard what she said, "I thought you'd say something like that." He then reached into his pocket and pulled out another ring which had the same design as the first, but was adult size. "Miyano Shiho will you marry me?"

"YES!YES!" Ai shouted as she accepted the smaller ring then leaned over to kiss Conan.

After a moment Ai's face went from happy to depress, "ermm....So what are we going to tell them."

Conan frowned at Ai's statement, "Yes, perhaps we could get everyone together and..."

""No let me talk to Ayumi first," Ai said with reluctant determination, "Edogawa-kun I should tell her alone."

"No, this is something we should tell them together Haibara," said Conan.

"But, I want to at least tell Ayumi alone,I owe her that much," pleaded Ai.

Conan noticed Ayumi sneaking up on them, 'Well now is a good a time as any.'

"We both owe her that much I only hope she can forgive us," Conan said, "you can come out now."

"Forgive you for what?" Ayumi said as she jumped out from behind the bench they were sitting on.

Conan was just about to say something when Ai raised her hand and stepped forward. "I'm sorry Ayumi, I know I promised that I would support you and all but....." Ai started, "you see me and Edogawa-kun are engaged and to be married." Ai said while showing what looked like a diamond ring but it had to be a fake.