~Chapter Twelve~

~Gladion's P.O.V~

We've made it to the secret laboratory, and, (y/n)'s being tested on. She's all wired up, with the scientists desperately trying to figure out what's wrong with her. I hope it's nothing too serious...

When I saw the scientists hooking something up to (y/n)'s head, I started to worry... Even more than usual. "What're they trying to do?" I asked Looker. "They're trying to create a link to (y/n)'s mind, to see what's going on in her head. For, you see, (y/n) doesn't seem to be sick." "I see..."

I almost fell out of my chair, when I heard tons of static. I looked up, to see all the electrical devices becoming all static-like. "What's going on!?" "Something's interfering with our connection with (y/n). It seems like something's blocking the connection." I have a feeling I know who's interfering...

"This is bad..." "What?" "I think we know what's causing the disturbance. And, I have a feeling why, as well." "What is it?" "Well, I'm sure you guessed that it's the UB that's causing the disturbance." "Yeah, and?" "Well, if you haven't noticed, (y/n) is slowly getting weaker, by the moment. My best guess would be that the UB is preventing us from helping (y/n), so, it can absorb (y/n)'s life energy." "Does this mean that she'll die?" "If the UB is not stopped, yes."

No, this can't be. I don't want (y/n) to die! She has to live! "Where was the UB last seen?" "Wela Volcano." I guess that's where I have to go, then. "Don't tell me, you're going to go try to take that thing down, by yourself?!" "I am!" "It's too dangerous!" "I don't care!"

Looker and I stopped our argument, when I heard someone calling out to me. It was (y/n). "Please... Gladion... Don't go... It's too dangerous..." I ran up to (y/n), and, held her hand. "Have your memories come back yet?" (y/n) slowly shook her head, 'No.' I frowned, but didn't let (y/n) see it. I don't want her to feel bad.

"You don't understand, only (y/n) can catch the UB's. And, to do that, she has to have her memories back!" "Don't you understand!? We don't have that kind of time! Plus, (y/n)'s memories may never come back!" Out of the corner of my eye, I could see (y/n) frown.

"I demand that you give me some Beast Balls!" I said, while holding my hand out, waiting for the Beast Balls to be placed in my hand. Looker sighed, before having someone bring me ten Beast Balls.

Before I could leave, though, I heard (y/n) calling out to me. "I'm... Coming... As well..." (y/n) said, while shakily standing up. "No, you're not. You're too-" "Don't you dare say that I'm too weak! Sure, I may not have my memories. And, I may not be as impressive as you are, at Pokémon battles. But, I CAN help! And, you're going to let me come along, whether or not you want me to come!"

I sighed, knowing that I was defeated. (y/n) was always better at arguing, then I was. "Fine. Just, promise that you'll stay by my side, at all costs." "Done and done." (y/n) said, while holding my hand."Please, be careful." Looker begged us. "We will. That, I can promise." "Same with me." "Thank you." (y/n) and I then exited the secret base, and, headed for Wela Volcano. Though, I am starting to get worried for (y/n). With every second that passes, the UB sucks more and more of (y/n)'s life energy out of her. I hope (y/n)'ll be okay. For, if she died... I don't know what I'd do...  

Later, my fellow readers! =^-^=