Chapter One

It has been four years since Caden Keats defeated and killed the king of the demon race, Pathetrona. Four years since he was coined a hero. A hero? That name is the biggest lie told throughout the kingdom. Now he has no useful qualities. Someone who was not needed, someone who was cast aside. This is neither the beginning nor the end of his story.

Six years ago.

Caden Keats was living a normal life of someone who enjoyed being alone. Although most other tenth graders enjoyed partying and enjoyed hanging with their friends. Caden enjoyed playing videos games or going to martial arts training. He has been doing so for the last ten years of his life.

During school he was the student that the bullies set their sights on originally, yet when they found out how ruthless the quiet, ranked number one, student could be, they quickly left him alone.

He wasn't the type who would just take shots from anyone else, nor was he the type to get angry. He merely put a stop to unnecessary wastes of energy. All he wanted to do was either train or go home and play more video games. Which mainly consisted of fighting themes.

This was his life. The life of a straight A student with the looks of the most popular boy in school. His thick short black hair that had the definition of bedridden written all over it. His bright green eyes that no one in he school could match, drove the girls crazy. Yet he never indulged in them. For some reason he was not aware of, only the popular girls with the most sexual rumours came to attempt the taming of the unattainable.

He was not interested in any of them, which seemed to have the affect he most despised. It only made them want him more. He became fed up with these people.

On his way home from his late night Tae Kwan Do class, he began to feel refreshed suddenly. It was a feeling he has not felt after any of the training he had had to endure. However, he did not necessarily dislike this feeling.

What he didn't realise was that at that moment, he was being summoned to another world. To a world where all his logic seemed to not matter. Where even the laws of physics are toyed with. A land of magic and wonder.

He felt himself beginning to lose consciousness as he fell down the bank of the river. As he blacked out he panicked. Is this how his life is going to turn off? Is this everything?

Suddenly he felt refreshed once more. He realised that he was not dead but merely unconscious. He laughed softly at that fact, glad that he was not dead.

"Why are you laughing?" Came a voice he had not heard before. Instantly he opened his eyes and stood up. Unfortunately for him, the gravity in this new world was far less than he was used to. His sudden motions caused him to fly backwards into the cement wall, causing it to break under the impact.

"Son of a..." Caden stopped his cuss as he usually did, at the same time bringing his right hand up and rubbing the back of his head. "What the hell?" He said and this time he stood up slowly. Instantly he knew about the gravity and instantly he knew to cater for it.

"Incredible." Came the voice from before, and this time he knew it belonged to a female. It was a smooth melodic voice that could soothe the very doubts from ones mind.

Caden looked upon this unfamiliar voice and stood stunned. This woman was one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. She stood just under six feet, with waist length dark brown slightly curly hair. She wore a light blue frilly short sleeve dress with light blue bicep length gloves. Atop her head sat a gold grown with dark red and green gems that sparkled against the light.

Just who is this creature, Caden thought to himself. And where the hell was he?

"Hero, thank you for coming." She said in a strange language that Caden could instantly comprehend. This is one of the things he needs to figure out.