7

We flew up right to their White House, and I stepped out of the plane, my toupee whipping wildly around my head. I didn't stop walking; I needed to get the truth.
Their security guards let us in, recognizing my orange features as the greatest man in the world. They escorted me to Putin's room. The guards let me walk in alone.
I looked back at the door, closing it as I turned to face where Putin would be.

Instead of seeing those blue eyes stare at me lovingly, I was faced with a tangle of bodies, skin exposed and lips locked tenderly.
"Pence." Vladimir whispered, pulling him closer.
"P-Putin? Pence? What's going on here?" My voice trembled. I could feel tears start to form in my eyes, and I fought to keep them from spilling over.
Putin instantly stood up, pushing my Vice President to the side of him.
"Donald-" he stuttered, obviously unsure how to respond to me- to what I just bore witness to.
"My own Vice President?" My voice was controlling itself, it was rising in pitch as well as volume. 

How could he do this. He took my best friend, my only friend. He used me- he didn't care about me. 

My friend- used me to go to the White House.

He used me to meet Putin, to get close to him.

"I-I thought we meant something- I thought you loved me. H-how could you?" He sat there speechless, his eyes blue and emotionless as I stared helplessly at him. I looked over at Pence, my world falling apart as he wore a smirk on his face.

I walked out of there as fast as I could, tears welling up and spilling out of my eyes. My mind couldn't stop replaying what I just saw. I took my bodyguards and left that place, never wanting to see Putin's face again.

----

"Mr. President, we need to refuel the jet, you'll have to stay here for the night." My bodyguard said to me, avoiding eye contact as he gestured around the room. I nodded at him, walking further into the suite we booked for the night. The walls were white, and there were bamboo doorways that led to a marble bathroom.

The bed was to my right, the bed sheets pearly and silky. The floor was hardwood, making a deep thud with every one of my steps, mirroring my heart. I walked over to the bed, ready to lay down and forget all of this.

thud

thud

thud

I dismissed the body guard, and he left the room. I jumped onto the bed, and it creaked under my weight. I scooted up under the covers, leaving sunset colored streaks as I went.

I lay there in the darkness, thinking up a world where me and Putin could ride off into the sunset, just like the one I was laying under right now. We would snuggle as we rode on our carriage, the unicorns driving past my magnificent wall, with Vladimir stroking my wrinkly skin folds and holding me tenderly. The mexicans would scream at me from the other side, but Putin would silence my world with a tender kiss.

I fell asleep with that image in my mind, dreading when I would wake up.