Chapter Seven

The police apparently had caught Isabel and Mikasa in the act. Isabel was supposed to be keeping watch, but she got distracted when they came by. Thankfully, we escaped their chase, but Eren had a scratch on his cheek from a bullet.

As soon as we returned to the warehouse, Eren covered his injury with a bandage to prevent infection. Isabel and Mikasa went to a private room to discuss today's events, and I was stuck with the brunette bastard.

He was smiling as if nothing had gone wrong. And he was especially smiling at me. It was a bit annoying, his continuous staring and smirking.

"You seemed pretty worried about me," he explained with a smug look. I hummed not understanding his comment. "When was this?" I questioned. "When that damn policeman shot me. You acted quickly and seemed terrified," he replied, leaning closer to me as we walked down a long hall to Marco's room. "You must have been dreaming. I wasn't worried," I defended. Eren chuckled. "Sure."

Marco's door was closed. Eren knocked, "Is everyone decent?"

"Come in, Eren," a voice groaned. Without hesitation, he opened the door to reveal Marco and Jean sitting on the edge of Marco's mattress. "Are you two ready to go?" he questioned. I gave Eren a puzzled look, but he didn't acknowledge me. "Yes, is Armin joining us?" Jean asked. Eren nodded, "He's waiting outside."

"Where are we going?" I finally asked. Eren took my arm, beginning to turn back to the hall. "Meet us outside," he demanded. He dragged me out into the hall after Marco and Jean nodded.

I stared at the light emitting from Marco's room in confusion as we walked away. I looked back to Eren, who only looked straight ahead. "Where are we going?" I repeated.

"Meeting an old friend of mine," he said with a small growl. "You don't sound too excited," I pointed out. Eren didn't reply, and we walked in silence.

Armin was leaning against a carriage when we arrived outside. "Took you long enough," he protested. "Calm down," Eren retorted. He grabbed the door's handle and pulled it open, climbing in afterwards. I looked to Armin, but he gave me no clue as to where we were going.

***

The carriage halted in front of a small bar that seemed to be completely empty. The windows were covered, and only one light illuminated the front of the building.

Marco and Jean were the first to enter. When they opened the door, a small chime sounded announcing our arrival. There were four men sitting at a table staring at us. They all wore decent suits -more well tailored than ours- and held deadly expressions.

"You're fucking late, Eren Jaeger!" one shouted with a crude look. Eren gave him a forced smile. "It's good to see you again, Billy," he said. Billy? As in Billy Kimber? The gang leader of The Birmingham Boys?

"Sit down!" Billy demanded. Eren slowly sauntered to an empty chair, before kicking it aside so he could sit down. We followed after him.

Billy had tan skin that wrapped tightly around his bones. His brown hair was slicked back making his head form an odd shape. His brown eyes scanned us until he spotted me, and he gawked at me as if I only possessed one eye.

"Who is this fucker?" he questioned with a loud tone. I opened my mouth to speak, but Eren interjected. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't refer to one of my members in that way," he stated with a stern look. "I don't give a shit, Eren Jaegar!"