Day 10

1:05 pm

How do you free a ghost? Jungkook wondered.

You cut the chains holding it, his mind whispered back.

2:30 pm

"Do you have any idea when we'll reclaim our bathroom?" Namjoon asked, leafing through a book. "I'm kind of sick of showering at Jin's house."

"I don't know, hyung." He replied, his heart just a tiny bit heavier than it was before.

10:00 pm

Jungkook sat inside the tub, his eyes closed. He felt Taehyung huddled against him, his face wet with tears, his small frame soaked with water. Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung, the movement almost purely instinctual, as if Jungkook could somehow bring him back to life with the warmth of his body.

A malevolent wind whipped through the bathroom, knocking bottles of toothpaste and aspirin off the sink and creating a keening sound that was far too loud in Jungkook's ears. Jungkook looked down at Taehyung, who had a red stain of blood spreading across his chest like a slash. His hand was wrapped too tightly in Jungkook's shirt, and the wind was too loud in Jungkook's ears, and everything made too little sense and he was lost.

Taehyung cried out in fear and his sobs grew louder and then he vanished, leaving nothing but blood and tears in his wake.

How do you free a ghost?

And suddenly Jungkook knew.