Day 13

8:00 am

Jungkook got out of bed. He put on his clothes, brushed his hair, smiled in the mirror. He ate breakfast even though he felt like throwing up. He waved goodbye to Namjoon, who frowned slightly, before stepping outside. A light drizzle fell from the slate gray sky, and Jungkook pulled his hood low over his face.

He walked down the street, hands in his pockets. The streets of Seoul were alive in the rain, women in brightly colored coats and sharp-dressed businessmen hustling past him. Jungkook ducked his head and kept walking.

He walked to the library, pushing open the heavy doors. He was greeted by the busy silence of a hundred people. The rustling of pages and the hum of electronics filled the air. Jungkook approached a small, bespectacled old woman at the front of the library. She looked up at him from behind her desk and smiled warmly.

"How can I help you, young man?"

"Do you have the burial records for the past year?"

It was a strange request, but the woman didn't so much as blink before directing him to a lonely shelf near the back of the library. He nodded his thanks and looked busily through the thick records.

There were numerous entries under Kim, but after several hours of searching he finally find a single entry for Kim Taehyung. Jungkook quickly scribbled the location of the cemetery down. He padded out of the library, covertly passing by Jimin and Yoongi sitting together with their heads bowed over a book. Their hands were clasped together.

Jungkook's heart ached at the sight.

1:00 pm

The grave was a tiny thing, easily lost among other, grander headstones. It was unassuming and simple, a bit like Taehyung, and Jungkook fought the choking feeling climbing up his throat.

He kneeled and placed a hand on the stone, which was bare save for Taehyung's name and the dates of his birth and death.

For a second, it was almost too difficult too believe that the one boy he loved, perhaps the only person he had ever loved, was already dead. Had been dead before Jungkook had ever meant him. And for a second, Jungkook wondered if all of it - Taehyung's cold skin, the brush of his lips, his sad, brown eyes - had been some sort of hallucination. Taehyung had spent a year reliving his death, unable to escape or pass on, just knowing that he wasn't meant to be there. Jungkook's heart broke again for perhaps the fifth time that week, and for the first time in a long time, he cried.

He sat by the grave, his knees dirty with wet soil.

"I miss you," Jungkook whispered. Wind and rain answered him, howling mournfully. Jungkook pulled a small blue flower from his pocket, the icy color vibrant against the gray hues of stone. Sunlight poked through the clouds, turning the storm into a dazzling sunshower.

"I love you," Jungkook said, his voice soft. "It may be a while until I see you again," he took a deep breath. "so wait for me."

For a moment, Jungkook thought he felt a phantom hand on his shoulder, but the feeling vanished the second he turned. Jungkook stood, taking one last look at Taehyung's grave before turning towards the sun. His heart felt a little lighter, the world seeming a little less gray.

Jungkook smiled.

For he had more than the ghost of a memory. He had the memory of a ghost.

***

Hey guys wassup it's the author

Aka the bitch who vanished for like two months before updating lol sorry

Thanks for reading this story. This is my first published fanfic so i really appreciate all the support thanks dudes

Tbh i wrote this story in my history class instead of taking notes so rip

Also wanna thank my dank friend Joey for giving me this story idea by telling me about his weird ass shower.

Thanks again guys

~aly