IX. Guts

When you came back... Wow.

You weren't there.

I was hunting... I think

+++

2-3 months into the outbreak

Tapping the glass I made eye contact with one of the monsters. They had moved closer since we'd been down the drainage tunnel. As some of them shuffled I could see small glass shards littered underneath their feet.

"What happened?" Glenn asked finally turning away from the geeks.

"Broke through one of the glass doors," Rick answered. "What did you find down there?" Glenn asked.

"Not a way out," I mumbled backing off the glass.

"We need to find a way... And soon," Andrea said.

"Let's go up to the roof," Morales said. "Maybe we can find something we missed."

-

"Don't you worry that you're going to fall?"

"All the time," I answered.

Glenn starred at me in confusion for a second before turning away from the ledge and back to the group

"We need a plan," Morales said pointing out the obvious.

"That construction site, those trucks... They always keep spare keys on hand," Rick said pointing east of the building we're currently in.

"You'll never make it past the walkers," Morales said.

"Walker?" I asked Glenn.

"Yeah, Rick's been using it since we've picked him up. Has a nice ring to it," Glenn shrugged.

"You got me out of the tank," Rick says.

"Yeah, but they were feeding. They were distracted," Glenn pointed out.

"Can we distract them again?"

"Right. Listen to him. He onto something," Merle said sarcastically.

"Give it a rest," Jacqui spat.

"They're drawn by sound, right?" Rick asks.

"Right, like dogs. They hear sound, they come," Glenn answered.