Snack Time

Camille tip toed down the stairs of her house and silently made her way to the kitchen. The now three year old held onto her favorite blue blanket that she had draped across her body like a cape.
She was carrying a small princess themed flashlight that her Aunt Allison and Uncle Scott gave her for her birthday along with a princess themed baseball bat that was hidden under her bed. Camille's hair was a mess of strawberry blonde curls and her caramel brown eyes were filled with excitement.
Camille shined her flashlight on the kitchen cabinets before opening all of them looking for  bowls. She was pretty proud of her accomplishment of escaping her crib in the middle of the night until the kitchen light turned on.
Stiles was leaning against the wall with his hand still over the light switch.
"Hungry?" Stiles asked slightly amused as Camille covered herself with her blanket to make it look like she disappeared.
Stiles crossed the room and sat down next to Camille on the floor. He picked Camille up and placed her on his lap.
"Cami, I'm not mad at you. What are you doing downstairs at 3 in the morning?"
Camille poked her head out of her blanket.
"I just wanted some ice cream"
"In the middle of the night?"
"Please... I didn't have any after dinner" pleaded Camille. "Maybe like half a scoop but that was it"
Stiles looked down at Camille and sighed.
"Two scoops and we have to share"
"Deal!" Camille was delighted and bounced across the room to grab spoons for the both of them.
"We ran out of strawberry ice cream, but we do have mint chocolate chip" said Stiles as he searched the freezer.
"That's okay. Me and Mommy finished the strawberry last night" announced Camille as she made her way to the kitchen island.
"Really?" asked Stiles.
"Mommy said not to tell you" replied Camille guiltily.
Camille tried to climb one of the island stools but Stiles picked her up and sat her down on the counter.
"Well, I may just add another scoop of ice cream in if you tell me what you and Mommy were doing last night"
"Okay" answered Camille. "I saw the light on last nigh really late like Jimmy late"
"You mean Jimmy Kimmel?" questioned Stiles.
"Yes Daddy. Jimmy Kimmel late. So I went downstairs and Mommy was searching through the pantry. I asked her why and she said she was looking for a snack. So I said we should have ice cream and she said that sounded good but then she told me this was gonna be a one time thing and I said okay mommy but here I am now" Camille smiled and began to eat her ice cream. Stiles played with his spoon in his hands in awe at Camille's innocence.
"Did mommy ever say why she wanted a snack?" Stiles pondered.
"Yes she did daddy. She said it's the pregnancy ravings and that's when she said not to tell you" Camille answered.
Stiles dropped his spoon into the ice cream.
"Pregnancy cravings?"
"Oh is that the correct word? What does it mean?" asked Camille oblivious to her father's shock.
"Finish your ice cream and we can talk about this tomorrow with mommy" Stiles smiled at Camille who smiled back. "It's a surprise"
"Like more ice cream?"
"Even better than ice cream" exclaimed Stiles.
Camille squealed and finished her ice cream.
"All done! Now you have to promise to wake me up super duper early for the surprise"
"Will do. Now get some sleep. We're going to have a big day ahead of us tomorrow"
Stiles picked Camille off the table and placed the bowl in the sink. He carried her to her room and tucked her into bed.
"Goodnight Cami"
"Goodnight Daddy"
Stiles kissed Camille on her forehead and left the room and made his way to his own bedroom. Lydia sat up in bed upon his arrival.
"What did she do this time?" asked Lydia as Stiles walked into the room.
"She was thirsty" Stiles said as he got in bed next to Lydia.
"Liar. She wanted ice cream and you gave it to her" Lydia smiled. "She played you"
"Actually we made a trade. I give her ice cream and she gives me information" Stiles grinned.
"What did she tell you?" Lydia asked.
"She only confirmed that you were eating ice cream with her last night because of your pregnancy cravings"
Lydia face palmed.
"I didn't know how to tell you and I know you wanted to start working more because you miss your job but you-"
Stiles kissed Lydia and pulled her close so her head was on his chest.
"Are you kidding me Lyds? Sure I miss out on a few cases here and there but I'm always going to want to be with you and Camille more" Stiles began playing with Lydia's hair. "And I definitely wouldn't mind having another kid"
"I love you Stiles"
"I love you too Lydia"
Lydia let out a laugh. "Can you imagine Camille having a younger brother or sister?"
"Is that the surprise?" Camille asked. She had been hiding behind the door the entire time. "I left my flashlight downstairs but I didn't want to go alone"
Camille walked over to the side of the bed and looked up at her parents with big doe eyes. Lydia picked her up and brought her to her side.
"You're going to be a big sister" said Lydia.
"You're having a baby?" Camille frowned. "We can keep it if it's a girl but we have to give it away if it's a boy"
Stiles and Lydia laughed.
"Who would we give the baby to if it's a boy?"
"Aunty Allison and Uncle Scott. Then they can have two boys and we can have all girls"
"Cami, did you know we thought you were going to be a boy?" asked Lydia.
"Oh. Good thing I'm a girl" Camille rubbed her eyes and yawned.
Lydia rolled her eyes and looked over at Stiles.
"You should probably call Allison and tell her you are carrying her future son. This time I swear it's going to be a boy" Stiles teased.
"No boys!" yelled Camille.
"Go to sleep you silly little girl" Stiles pulled the blankets over Camille's head.
"Okay, goodnight" She mumbled under the blankets.
"Whatever you say Stiles. This time we're going to a different doctor. Do you know how much money we wasted on blue onesies?"
"Camille looked cute in blue and I'm sure Allison would be happy to return some of Chris' baby clothes that she borrowed from us"
"But Chris is still a baby" replied Lydia.
"He's almost two and not a baby which means we save on baby clothes this time around" Stiles smirked. "Maybe if you had just listened to me the first time around and we just purchased baby sized flannels we wouldn't be having this conversation"
"Maybe purchasing one flannel this time around wouldn't hurt" answered Lydia.