Chapter 26 - Realising Mistakes (e)

• Dedicated to Maria <3 in my heart forever

Chapter 26

Realising Mistakes

******************

Recap

'Maria you okay.' Harry said 'You look a bit pale.' He reached his arms to hug me but I pushed him back.

'Don't touch me.'

'Mar-'

'Don't.'

******************

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

I chanted those words over and over again in my head as if it was the only thing keeping me sane. My brain wasn't coping and I felt like all my systems had shut down, cutting off my oxygen and other essential needs.

Did that happen? Harry was sweet and charming and nice and lovely and... great. He wouldn't do that.

Right?

I ended up at a bench, still on the school grounds. I sat down and buried my face into my hands.

I turned around and started walking away, until I felt a pair of hands on my waist pulling me back.

'Where do you think your going whore?' Harry said, his eyes twinkling with amusement. He pushed me behind the bins. I fell onto the hard floor and grazed my knee. I winced in pain as Liam's hand punched my stomach. Zayn and Liam held me up, while Harry slapped me multiple times, he punched me, he kicked me, he spat on me.

I was too weak.

I gasped and looked up. Oh shit.

My breathing became uneven, once again. And for the second time that day, I struggled to keep my nerves and emotions down.

'I told you not to scream. Now you just have to face the consequnces.' He said. I was horrified. I knew what Harry could do. A hot tear ran down my cheek. Harry slapped me viciously soon wild punches were being thrown. He punched me in the gut. I groaned. I fell to the ground. He spat in my face and I flinched. He just left me there.

I couldn't get up.

I was too weak.

But that's the thing. I wasn't weak anymore.

Memories were flooding back and I realised that the people who had been putting up a charade of being my 'friend' for the day saw me as a toy.

I didn't let a single tear fall as I stood up and adjusted my bag. It was the beginning of lunch hour so many students were in the hallways. Even though it was very busy, I spotted a familiar feather-haired boy by his locker. His back was turned as I marched up to him.

Slamming my hand on the locker next to him, I startled him and a couple others around us. He jumped back and looked at me with wide eyes.

'Maria?'

'Guess what? I remembered a couple of things today.' His confused expression changed into a mixture of worry and realisation.

'Oh.'

'Three years . You did that for three years and all you can fucking say is 'oh'?' Hatred dripped out of my voice, and as I saw Louis' eyebrows raise I could see that he was not expecting this or me to be this strong.