Chapter 10 - Everything Has Changed (e)

Chapter 10

Everything Has Changed

Harry's POV

I looked at her small fragile body. I walked over to her. I took off my jacket and put it on her, zipping it up, so Maria's body wasn't exposed.

This was too much for my brain to handle. Someone had just raped her.

Someone had just stolen her virginity.

I picked her up, bridal style. How could I have done this to Maria? Someone must have known where Maria's favorite place was. She always used to go there. 'Maria's tree' I always call it that. And I proud to call it that. I glanced to her and noticed that her eyes were fluttering open. Her house was only two minutes away so instead of going to the hospital, as I had originally planned, I walked to her house.

Nick saw me through his window and walked over to open the door. He opened his mouth, about to shout at me and Maria, but soon his eyes bulged out of there sockets as he noticed Maria.

'Please. Let me at least put her in her bed. I'll explain it ALL later.' He nodded quickly and swiftly moved out the way. I clambered up the stairs and put Maria down on her bed. Her eyes shot open and when she saw me her eyes started to water. I guess she remembered everything.

'Shh. I won't hurt you.' I said, gently stroking her cheek with my thumb. She didn't reply but let out a small tear drop onto her face and close her eyes. She pulled the covers up so only her head was visible. 'Maria?' I questioned, knowing full well to take it easy on her.

'Just go.' She croaked out. I mentally debated for a minute if that was the best thing to do in that situation.

Realising I still had to tell Nick what the hell happened, I nodded and walked out. I looked back one last time to see Maria's bloodshot eyes wide awake filled with fear. Like she was too afraid to shut them.

'Son! Come down and tell us what happened this instant!' Nick whisper-shouted from the end of the hallway. I followed him down the stairs to find Gabrielle there too, sitting down at the sofa. Her composure was significantly greater than Nick. While Gabrielle was sitting in a business-like way, leaving no room for expression, Nick was definitely more worried, pale with fear. He nodded, indicating that I should start explaining.

'So I was walking down the park and I heard screaming. So I reached her tree and saw Maria ... naked.' I said. I watched the older man's face degrade at my words.

'Do you think she was...?' Nick said. Gabrielle nodded.

'We should contact the police.' Gabrielle said. I nodded along with Nick, who was speechless at the moment. I went back up to Maria's room. Well, actually to her door. I peered into her room to see her sleeping figure.

Her eyes were closed but her mascara was ruined. Tear tracks stained her face. Her curly, blonde hair was messy and covered half of her cheek.

'I'm sorry.' I whispered.

'What are you doing here Harry?' A small voice whispered back. I looked over Maria, who had bloodshot eyes. I ran over to her bed while she sat up.