Chapter 1

Angelina's POV

I remember the bright lights shining everywhere, the laughter of families and friends. So many people around having fun.

The circus had come to town for a few days so I begged my parents if we could go. I was only eight years old at the time so my parents knew how much I loved circuses.

The circus would only be here for a week so my parents said they would take me till they left. On the first night I was beyond excited.

"Angelina are you ready to go," called out my parents. I nodded my head and ran towards them.

We got in the car and drove to the circus. Once we arrived I jumped out the car and waited till my parents came out, I was bursting with joy.

We entered inside and I saw so many things. I saw clowns on bikes, jesters acting funny, and many more.

We entered inside the acrobatics show and watched till it was over. Everything seemed to amaze me.

When we got out my parents bought me cotton candy. There were so many flavors to choose from.

"Angelina what flavor would you like?"
I chose strawberry and ate it happily while I waited for my parents to pay.

We walked around till I saw a sign that read 'Snake Dancer'. I tugged on my parents hands till we reached her.

I was shocked on how she moved with the snake but what caught my attention was a little boy around my age or so looking sad.

While my parents were distracted I went up to the little boy.

"Hi!" My voice seemed to have scared the boy as he jumped and wiped his tears.
I stick out my hand while grinning, "my names Angelina, what's yours?"

A small smile spread on his face as he grabbed my hand. "That's a pretty name and my names Jerome."

"Nice to meet you Jerome but what are you doing here alone?"

"My mom is the snake dancer so I have to sit here and watch her."

I sat down next to him while looking at his mom.
"That must get boring for you so why don't you play with your friends?"

Jerome looked down with a sad smile, "I don't have any friends."

I grabbed his hand and gave him a wide smile, "don't worry I'll be your best friend!"

"But I'll be leaving soon and you won't come back to the circus after today."

"I'm coming to the circus till you guys leave so we can hang out a lot!"

Jerome grinned and pulled me to a hug and I returned it.

"Angelina!" "Angelina!" Shouted my parents. I looked at Jerome and gave him one last hug.

"I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow!"
I ran to my parents and waved at the little ginger one last time before I left home.

So what did you guys think of my first chapter? Should I continue it or not? Let me know in the comments and if you liked it please vote also. Thanks!