22 | CHAPTER TWENTYTWO

- - - - -
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T W O
- - - - -

The night drew on. I sat in the comfy couch scrolling through the channels. Tanner and Jordan were both helping Ethan on his project that he somehow forgot was due tomorrow.

Matthew was nowhere to be seen, thank god, and my mom was at work. Working another night shift to pay for the wedding. Which they decided to do the first week of spring. Two months away. It still will come by quicker then I want it too.

I thought about the party Hunter invited me too. Its obviously gonna be at some popular girl house so that means Grace will want too go. Its the last party until the new year. Everyone goes. Especially Ashton.

"Hey sis could you hand me that paper stack?" Tanner called from the kitchen. Jordan and Ethan had paint all over their hands, Tanner was holding scissors and glue.

I groan before handing the stack of colorful paper over to them. I was trying quickly to get back in my spot and trying hard to get comfy once again. I pulled the blanket over my body when I finally found a show I'm willing to watch. Teen Wolf.

I opened my eyes and saw a layer of snow outside. I twisted and saw my phone lying facedown on the couch, vibrating rapidly.

Grace.

"Hello?" I say with my sleepy voice.

"I'm here." She says.

I panic and moved the phone away from my ear too check the time.

7:25 was written across the screen in white coloring.

"Oh my god, I slept in." I apologize quickly, standing up quickly too.

Groaning at the pain in my leg. Grace must of heard it.

"Don't break yourself, I'll forge us some excuse notes." Grace tells me. She is a master at forging even though its illegal. Then again, when your mother is constantly partying, you sign things yourself.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"I'll go get us breakfast." She says before hanging up the phone.

How did I get so lucky to have a Grace Smith in my life. Everyone deserves a Grace in their life.

I pull myself up the staircase cause Tanner is at work by now. Jordan probably out with his other friends. Visiting before he heads back to college.

I could feel my leg getting stronger as the days go on, but standing up too quickly caused me intensive pain.

I slip some jeans on and my white tee shit with red flannel over. Fixed my hair into a braid and covered the dark circles under my eyes. Also the usual annoying zit that formed on my cheek overnight.

I walked outside when Grace sent me another text. she was waiting inside her car with a huge smile on her face. I noticed her bring a Starbucks straw to her lips, taking a sip.

I slipped in and chucked my bag in the backseat next to hers. She handed me my coffee, since I didn't have time to make some, and a bag from McDonalds.

I munched down on the food and fries inside, taking sips from my coffee too wake me up more.

"You must of partied hard last night," Grace jokes.

"You know it." I chuckle.

"How is your mom?" Grace asks.

"Barley talks too me after that incident the other night." I explained to her.

"She'll come around," Grace reassures me.

"I know." I smile slightly. She always comes around.

We pulled up to an empty spot in the school's parking lot. We took our time walking to the front office, trying to stall going to class. It was a b day after all, I could care less about going to English with that rude sub. Can't wait till Mrs. Peterson comes back. Best day of the school year.