Summer!

(a.n: okay for the purpose of this story Cas is older than Gabe. It just makes the age differences work out better :))

Saturday 1st July
Day 1/42

"Come on Sammy! Get up!" Dean practically yelled as he dragged his brother out of bed and
dumped him on the floor.

Sam groaned, rubbing his head. "Deeaann" he whined "lemme sleep" and proceeded to curl up on the floor and pull the blanket over his head.

The older Winchester shook his head. "Sammy. We're gonna be late. We need to go. Now." Dean ripped the duvet away.

Sam sighed, sitting up. "Is Charlie here yet?" he asked. "She's been downstairs for half an hour, waiting for you to get your lazy ass out of bed." Dean folded his arms "Your bags are in the car, we're leaving in ten minutes." Sam nodded and Dean left.

Five minutes later Sam walked into the living room fully dressed and eating a slice of toast. Charlie and Dean were sitting as close as possible on the couch, chatting animatedly. Over the years this had led many people- including Sam at one point- to make the mistake of thinking they were a couple. It was always amusing to see the looks on their faces when the pair told them them that they were just friends and Charlie was intfact gay.

"Well if it isn't my favorite moose!" Charlie grinned, jumping up to hug him. Four years older, she was still much shorter and only reached his chest. Sam returned the smile "hey Charlie. Still ridiculously short I see."

Charlie was 20, the same age as Dean. They'd been best friends since before  she could remember and three years ago they'd decided to start a summer camp together. It was for teens aged 14-18 years and Sam, currently 16, had been going for two.

She rolled her eyes. "you ready to go? It'll look kinda bad if Dean and I are late for our own camp, yanno." She headed for the door and the Winchesters followed, climbing into the impala.

And so they began the long long drive to the secluded forest camp.

_

"Gabe come on, let's go!" Cas shouted up the stairs. "We're gonna be late!"

Gabe came running down the stairs, dragging his bags with him. "Remind me why I agreed to this again?" he asked, stifling a yawn. Cas sighed "Don't start Gabe. We promised dad we'd do something this summer. Plus, it's only 6 weeks."

Gabe groaned "yeah but it takes like 4 hours to get there! That's ages! Why couldn't you have picked somewhere closer?"

Cas ignored him and got into the car. He turned as his brother got in beside him. "Come on Gabe, there's like a hundred kids at this camp. Think of all the pranks you can play." Gabe's pout turned into a wicked grin and Cas almost groaned.  This was going to be a long summer.

Castiel loved his little brother but he hated his pranks. Mostly cause they were nearly always played on him. Cas would never forget his 17th birthday when he had opened one of his presents to find a huge tarantula crawling out of the box. He'd screamed and hid behind the couch for a whole hour as Gabriel roared with laughter and Michael tried to catch the thing.

Cas shuddered at the memory.
He hated spiders.

That had been over a year ago and he still wasn't over it. Cas would never trust anything his brother gave him ever again.

Gabe, one year younger and now 17, was a born troublemaker. He was sneaky and cunning and had always loved pranks. It was definately annoying at times but Cas had to admit it was funny when it didn't happen to him.

Cas was roused from his thoughts as Gabe poked him.

"Earth to Cas. Are we going or what?" Cas sighed, turning the key in the ignition. "It'll be fun Gabe, you'll see. Totally worth the drive. And you know what you're like, by the end of camp you'll have loads of new friends." Gabe shrugged "alright alright I was just sayin. We can leave now" he turned on the radio and unwrapped a lollipop.