Getting To Know Eachother

Sunday 2nd July
Day 2/42

Dean stood on the steps of the main hall yelling at the top of his voice. Charlie sat beside him ringing the bell for dinner. "Get your arses down here now!" he yelled before the pair turned and entered the hall. They got their food and sat at their usual table to wait for Sam and the others.

He appeared a few minutes later with Gabriel in tow, and made his way over. The pair dropped onto the bench across from them and Gabe pulled a lollipop out of his mouth. "Hi, I don't think we've actually met yet. Gabriel Novak, the trickster. " Charlie smiled back and shook his outstretched hand "Charlie Bradbury. Professional nerd and unfortunately Dean's best friend" Dean elbowed her as Gabe and Sam laughed "So. The trickster, eh? That a title you earned or is it all just talk?"

Gabriel grinned "I guess you'll find out" he winked, taking a huge bite out of his cheeseburger. Charlie laughed and Cas chose that moment to enter the room. His eyes lit up when he saw the dinner buffet and he swiped like 4 burgers. He looked around awkwardly, not sure where to sit. Dean waved him over.

Cas gave him a grateful smile as Dean moved up the bench to make space. Dean introduced him "Charlie this is Castiel. Castiel this is Charlie." the two smiled at eachother and Dean stared Cas' plate "You hungry or something?" Cas shrugged "I love cheeseburgers. They're the best thing ever. Even better than pie" he glanced pointedly at Dean who looked outraged "how dare you." They launched into a heated debate as the other three watched in amusement.

"Honestly! Cheeseburgers could never compete with pie, never. How could you ever say that? And after I shared my pie with you! Traitor! Never again shall you share my pie at lunch." Dean declared in mock anger.

"Oh come on! It isn't even on the same level. Pie is good but better than a cheeseburger? You're nuts." Cas retorted, mimicking his tone and folding his arms.

Sam tuned out their argument and turned to Gabe. "Is he always like this? Cause Dean is really stubborn and we could be here all night." Gabe shook his head."not usually, he's normally pretty quiet. Dean seems to bring out that side of him" he watched his brother grin and deliver another counter argument. "he seems to really like him."

Sam gave Gabriel a look "he's known him for barely more than a day." Gabe just shrugged and unwrapped his lollipop with a knowing smile. Charlie and Sam shared a confused look.

Ten minutes later all five of them were laughing and the boys agreed to disagree.

_

That day no activities had been arranged. They usually left the first official day of camp for people to properly socialise and get to know the kids they'd be spending the next 6 weeks with. Dean and Charlie had found that this worked a lot better than just throwing teens into activities with complete strangers and expecting them to work well together.

The four boys were lounging in the sitting area. Dean was sprawled over one couch and Gabe the other. Sam sat with his back against Dean's couch, next to Cas who was lying on the ground infront of the fire.

"So" Dean began "since we're gonna be living together for the next 6 weeks we should probably get to know eachother better."

"You mean like 20 questions or something?" asked Cas. Dean nodded "I was thinking just ask questions but yeah, sure." The others made noises of approval.

Dean sat up "one rule before we begin. Absolutely no chick flick moments at any time throughout camp. I will not hesitate to throw myself into the fire."

They all nodded and Sam started "okay.......what do you guys wanna do when you're older?"

"Well I wanted to be a criminal psychologist or a shrink but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm gonna go to college and do the psychology degree anyway though. Maybe I'll find out then." Cas shrugged.