chapter one

Percy's POV
You would think that after having nightmares about the same events over and over that the pain would dull, but it never does. Every time I awake it feels as though it happened all over again; their deaths, being tortured in Tartarus and it happens whenever I close my eyes. Tonight I saw my friends deaths again.

Nightmare
Piper had blood pooling around her and a hole where her heart should have been. Jason was laying next to Piper, well his body was, his head was a few feet away. It had been sliced off by a rouge demigod while he was trying to get to Piper. On the other side of the battle field I could see Frank with an arrow through his eye and Hazel lying dead by his side with gems around her, it was clear she used to much of her power and it killed her. Not to far away I could barely make out the mangled bodies of Leo and Nico both having been crushed by a giant. When I didn't think it could get much worse I saw my wise girl, the love of my life with sword through her chest and Gaea laughing in front of her now lifeless body. That's when I lost it. I felt the water in her body and made it speed up, boil, freeze, and expand destroying her from the inside out. Till there was no evidence she was at camp other than a pile of dust and even that was beginning to blow away in the wind. After that I looked at the battlefield only to see the bodies of Talia, Clarissa, the Stolls, even Tyson was gone. The look on the gods faces was that of horror at what I don't know maybe their dead children or my display of power but at the time I didn't care. I was so heartbroken that I told the gods I was leaving after requesting that Calypso be set free from her island along with a portal between the two camps and thrones for Hestia and Hades. Then I left.

So I did the one thing that helps me stay together. I got ready to fight. I checked my clock it read 3:28am perfect time for some crime fighting if you ask me. With that in mind I slip on my dark green and black skin tight suit and matching mask. All with the same fish scale like pattern. I took my throwing knives, daggers, guns, and katanas out of the lose floorboard in my apartment. I sheathed my daggers in my combat boots that stopped mid calf. I then secured the throwing knives in the slots on my thigh right near my hip holsters were my guns were held in place. Then I put my katanas across my back to form an X between my should blades and made sure Riptide was in my hidden pocket and I was ready to go stop some criminals!

I found the first crime I could using my police scanner. It just so happened to be the robbery of a bank with many high end clients. I left quickly to make sure I got to the bank before the thief got away with the robbery.

When I got to the bank I noticed something was missing: the robber. Instead there stood the Avengers.

Because I'm so clever I said the first thing that came to mind "You don't look like bank robbers."

"Ha! Very funny kid. We're hear 'cause our boss wants to meet with you so we need you to come with us." The great Tony Stark spat back at me.
Although I doubt the rest of the team wanted him to take the lead judging from the glares he received from his team mates.

"And why would I come with you?" I questioned.

"Because we're asking nicely!" Stated a beautiful girl around my age with flowing brown locks, soft, kind eyes, and an slight accent I couldn't quit place.

So I did what any normal person would do when a gorgeous woman asks you to come with them I went saying a quick "Okay" to let them know that I would go willingly with them. Little did I know just how much this encounter would change my life.