Chapter five

"I'll go!" Said Natasha as she stepped up to the mat in the sparing area.

"Would you rather hand-to-hand combat or weapons?" I asked because it made no difference to me I'm perfectly capable of both forms of combat and then some. Before I came back to New York I traveled around the world some learning new skills. I chose to do this because the guilt of my friends deaths were becoming to much to bear and I promised myself that if I ever found friends like my old ones I'd would be able to save them. I think now that the Avengers are those friends worth dying for and I would not let them suffer the same fate as my last friends. Even if it is the last thing I do.

          I was brought out of my thoughts when Natasha answered my question about her preferred way of fighting. "Hand-to-hand."

"Alright. Someone call it!" Hopping one of the other Avengers would let us know when to start.

     Lucky for me Steve took the lead and said "three, two, one.......GO!"

       With that we started circling one another. I instantly saw that her weak spot was just above her left hip. With that in mind I made her believe I was going to try and get her to the ground by kicking her right side leaving her left side even more valuable. She took the bait and focused on her right side while I used her blind spot to throw a perfectly aimed blow to her weak point distracting her enough for me to get the upper hand and flip her so I was on top of her. Natasha's legs we're pinned under mine with one arm constricting her wind pipe and my other arm gripping her wrists above her head making her defenseless.

"Surrender?" I asked her. She clearly knew that their was no way out of the situation I put her in other than to admit defeat.

"I surrender." She grumbled lowly obviously not use to being over powered.

    Yet again the Avengers looked shocked that I had take down one of their best so quick and effectively. After helping Natasha to her feet I looked at the clock on the wall and noted that I took Natasha down in about six minutes. I'm getting a little rusty only battling petty criminals. My eyes shifted to the other Avengers looking at them expectantly.

"Well, who's next?" I asked impatiently.

"Umm... I guess I'm up?" Steve said. Although it sounded more like a question from his tone of voice. I liked they should be uncertain of me for I am not someone you want on your bad side.

      I waited for Steve to come over to the mat and for Bruce to count us down. Steve was just as simple to take down as Tash. I found his weak point and used it to get the upper hand then take him out. The night continued like this with the rest of the Avengers challenging me and me winning. By the we were done sparing it was well into the night and o realized just how tired I was so I asked Tony where I would be sleeping and he showed me to my room. I bid the Avengers goodnight then closed my door.

     I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower before bed. My shower gave me time to think over all that had happened tonight. At first I thought I was just going to stop a high-end bank robbery and now hours later I'm showering in my room at the Avengers Tower. I turned off the water feeling refreshed before wrapping a towel around my body, brushing my teeth, and going into my room to put on pajamas and go to bed. Sitting on top of my dresser was a pair of sweat pants and a black tank top. I quickly changed and climbed into bed already feeling sleep beginning to take over as my head hit the pillow. My last thought before drifting to sleep was please don't let tonight be another nightmare. I then succumbed to sleep.