Chapter 6 - Swimming Pool

Credits:

Thank you BBC for John Watson's blog.

Thank you to Ariane DeVere for writing a Sherlock Season 1 episode 3 transcript.

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/

Chapter 6 – Swimming pool

You sighed and looked at Sherlock, your eyes telling him that you wanted an explanation, and that fast. He just shrugged lightly, before the pink phone suddenly rang. Sherlock answered it. On the other side there was a woman crying, and it turns out that the person behind all of this kidnapped her and wrapped her in explosives. She was talking for that person, and now Sherlock had twelve hours to solve the first problem.  John and Sherlock looked at each other, then at you and Mrs. Hudson. ‘’You two stay here.’’ The detective commanded and picked up the sneakers. ‘’Me and John will go to Barts and examine these.’’ And then they left, leaving you and Mrs. Hudson in shock, not knowing what the hell is going on. ‘’I’ll make some tea, dear.’’ Mrs. Hudson said and walked into her own apartment. You sighed frustratedly and looked at your moved furniture. ‘’Let’s tidy this up then..’’ Soon you started to move everything back where they belonged.

You sat in your chair and drummed your fingers on your thigh as you watched some stupid show on the TV. Suddenly you felt your phone vibrate and make a sound, telling you that you had a new message. You opened it.

‘’The crying lady is safe. I solved it.

-SH’’

You sighed in relief as you answered him, not bothering to ask how.

‘’That’s great, Sherlock!’’

Quick after that you got an answer.

‘’Yes I know. I met a man today. His name’s Jim, and he dated Molly. And I say ’dated’ because I told her that he’s gay. Thought I might share that with you. And he gave me his number. Which I tossed away.

-SH’’

You frowned, but then you laughed.

Jim.

Well your Jim is definitely not gay, so no worries there. You tried to answer Sherlock, but he sent you a message first.

‘’We got four beeps. It’s a countdown. I’ll keep you updated.

-SH’’

More people getting hurt? You felt kind of guilty, knowing that if you were home, you could have caught the killer. You sighed and checked the clock. It’s late, so you decided to go to bed.

The days after were tiring.  Sherlock managed to save three other people. One of them had died, an old woman, because she had started to describe the killer. The last one was horrible; it was just a little kid. But Sherlock, the smart man he is, solved it. The killer had turned out to be Moriarty, the man the cab driver killer had told Sherlock about. It made your stomach flip, thinking about how the name of that killer is Moriarty, and the name of your lover is Moriarty. If only you knew the killer-Moriarty’s first name.

Right now you were sitting on Sherlock and John’s sofa, listening to how they solved the cases. It was really incredible, all of it! ‘’Guys, I’m impressed.’’ You started. ‘’But are you sure he’s done?’’ Sherlock drummed the table with his hand. ‘’I don’t know.’’ He mumbled and closed his eyes, probably going into his mind-palace. John sighed and looked at you. ‘’I’ll be going over to Sara’s.’’ he said and gave you a smile. You nodded, ‘’Yeah. Go do that before Sherlock notices you’re going to go.’’ John chuckled and walked out. You sat there a while and watched Sherlock. He’s a weird man. With his cheekbones and curly dark hair. You chuckled lightly before you stood up and walked down to 221C.

It hadn’t been five minutes before Sherlock shouted down into your apartment, telling you to come with him. You rolled your eyes and followed him outside, and into a cab. ‘’Sherlock, where are we going?’’ You asked as you almost threw yourself into the cab after Sherlock. ‘’We’re going to a swimming hall.’’ He answered. He told the cab driver the address and off you went.

‘’Why are we going there?’’ You asked him.

‘’Moriarty is there.’’ He answered.

‘’But why am I tagging along?’’

‘’Because it may be your sleeping pal.’’

‘’Shut up Sherlock!’’

You arrived at the swimming hall, and you both ran fast into it. Sherlock stepped in front of you and pulled up a memory pin as soon as you entered the room with the pool. ‘’Sherlock what are you doing?’’ you asked him. ‘’Shut up, y/n.’’ He walked further into the room. ‘’Brought you a little getting-to-know-you present. Oh, that’s what it’s all been for, hasn’t it? All your little puzzles; making me dance – all to distract me from this.’’  He holds out the memory pin, and started to walk in circles. Suddenly John comes into the room. He’s wearing a thick jacket, and his face is straight. ‘’Evening.’’ You gasped, and so did Sherlock. Was John... Moriarty? ‘’John?’’ you said and took a few steps so you stood next to Sherlock. ‘’John. What the hell..?’’ Sherlock said, his voice hurt. ‘’This is a turn-up, isn’t it Sherlock?‘’ John said. ‘’I bet you never saw this coming.’’  He opened up his jacket, and underneath there was a bomb attached to him. A red laser danced around John’s chest. ‘’Oh god!’’ you gasped, bringing your hands towards your mouth. Sherlock slowly walked towards John, you right behind him. Who could have done this? Who is so horrible? ‘’What … Would you like me … To make him say … next?’’ John said, clearly repeating someone else’s words. Sherlock looked frustratedly around, trying to find out who elsewas in the room. ‘’Gottle o’ geer … Gottle o’ geer … Gottle o’ geer … gottle o’ geer.’’ John’s voice almost breaked at the last phrase. You looked terrified around. ‘’Stop it.’’ Sherlock said, his voice strong and confident. ‘’Nice touch this; the pool where little Carl died. I stopped him.’’ John cringed. ‘’I can stop John Watson too.’’ John looked at the laser pointed at his chest. ‘’Stop his heart.’’ You frowned. ‘’Stop it!’’ you shouted and moved towards John, but Sherlock stopped you. ‘’Who are you?’’ he asked and put his hand in his pocket.

‘’I gave you my number’’

You gasped when you heard the familiar Irish accent.

‘’I thought you might call.’’

You let out a deep breath. It was him. Your Jim Moriarty was the Moriarty.

You felt your stomach turn as you saw him step into the room, his hands in his pockets, and a weak smile planted on his face. He looked at Sherlock, then at you. ‘’Hello darling.’’ He said to you. He looked at Sherlock. ‘’Is that British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket..’’ Moriarty said and walked closer to Sherlock, who pulled a gun out of his pocket. ‘’.. Or are you just pleased to see me?’’ Sherlock pointed it at Jim. ‘’Both.’’ Sherlock said. Moriarty took a few more steps.

‘’Jim Moriarty. Hi!’’