Chapter 9 - Moran

Chapter 9 - Moran

You looked at Sherlock. ''Why should I come with you?" you asked him. The detective tilted his head slightly and sighed, ''Because Jim Moriarty is dangerous, and not trustworthy.'' You scoffed, ''is that all?'' Sherlock looked at John for a few seconds, then back at you. ''And because it would probably be very boring without you." You smiled a little. That's kind of him.

You turned towards Moriarty. ''Why should I come with you?" The criminal took a step closer to you as he smiled weakly. ''Because I need a new assistant to help me with my... small missions.'' You chuckled, ''That's not good enough." Moriarty took another step towards you, and you could hear from behind you, Sherlock pulled up his gun. ''And because, my kitten, I am lonely. I would love to share apartments and hotel rooms with you. Eat dinner, watch TV." Moriarty confessed and stuffed his hands in his pockets. You sighed. That did sound rather amazing. You knew Moriarty had a person that could love and feel somewhere inside of him, and maybe, you could bring that side out sometimes. But what would that do to Sherlock?

You took a deep breath. You walked towards Moriarty. You glanced back at Sherlock, who had dropped his gun and dragged a hand through his hair. He looked sad. You felt bad when you stopped and stood next to Moriarty. No, not bad; Horrible. ''Sherlock...'' You quietly said. "I'm sorry. But sometimes the bad choices are the best ones." Sherlock just nodded and showed sign for John to follow him out. The door closed and you were now standing there, with Moriarty. The psychotic master criminal. You turned to face the man. ''What now?" You asked him. He looked at you and placed a hand on your cheek. "Thank you." His eyes were shining with the most caring dark glint, before he placed a gentle kiss on your lips. Oh, you had missed this. The warmth of his lips mixed with the cold of his skin. When he pulled away, the two of you just looked at each other for a few moments. Then Moriarty intertwined your fingers together and led you out of the hall and into the darkness that was London's streets. Moriarty led you to the same black car as the two of you had driven in before and showed you sign to get in it. You sat down with a small grunt, and made space for Moriarty. "Moriarty, can we go get my things?" The Irish man chuckled lightly. "I have already fixed that." You frowned, a little confused. "Did you know what was going to happen? That I'd choose you?" The man smiled and looked at you. "I did think of it, yes." You just giggled slightly and turned your head to look out of the window.
Being with Moriarty felt right. You feel complete, and to be honest, you didn't really care about the people that have died. You knew none of them anyways. ''Y/n?'' Moriarty started. "I want to change your identity, mainly for your own safety." Your brows knotted. That is smart yes, but. "My name? Does that mean my past too?" Moriarty nodded. "I want to take you to some shooting lessons. A man died, and I want you to take his identity." Shooting lessons? Are you going to kill someone? "And who was that man, if you don't mind me asking?" Moriarty cleared his throat. "Sebastian Moran. Well, he died. A car accident. He was my best sniper, and I want you to take his place." You nodded. You probably didn't have a choice. You had been shooting before, when you were younger. You used to hunt with your dad. "I have some experience with guns and rifles." You informed Moriarty. He nodded. "Good. Maybe it won't take long for you to learn how to snipe either."

--

You have been staying with Moriarty for almost two years and you have moved from apartment to apartment a lot of times. You are a successful sniper, and killer. You're kind of Moriarty's little guard dog. You kill everyone he thinks might be dangerous. Today's your fifty-fifth mission, actually, and right now you were sitting at the kitchen table, the clock's 11:46 am, and you're waiting for you boyfriend to be done showering. One of your hands was wrapped around a warm cup of tea, and a cigarette was resting between your lips. You had been reading information on your little mission a few times, so you won't get anything wrong. There was a name, William Walker, his age and address, and what your objective is;

Kill him, fast and silently.

You took the cigarette between your index finger and middle finger, and blew out a cloud of smoke. Moriarty wasn't very fond of your smoking, but right now he was showering, so he didn't have to know. Well, he would probably smell the smoke, but whatever. You're not scared of him anymore. He's like a kitten. Cute and cuddly, but can be dangerous and suddenly attack you. And that means that Moriarty is nice, but he can lose his temper if you're not careful with your choice of words. You put out your cigarette and took a sip of your tea. You will have to wait till after midnight to kill Walker. It was weird to think that you had used to live with Sherlock Holmes, and now you live with the master criminal, Jim Moriarty. And you had no regrets. All contact with Sherlock and John is gone, and so is your identity. You are Sebastian Moran, or just Moran, because you're not a man. Moriarty calls you Moran, so you're used to it. But in the night, when you lay down next to him as he wraps his arms around you, he always whispers

"Goodnight y/n."

You were lost in thought, and hadn't noticed that Moriarty sat with his own cup of tea in front of you. "Morning!" You said when you noticed him. "Good morning, Moran. Ready for your mission tonight?" he asked. You nodded and took another sip of your tea, "I am." Moriarty smiled gently and drank some of his tea too. He was quiet. Awfully quiet. Moriarty was usually talking about how much he wanted to peel off someone's skin or how he wanted to stuff some poor guys hands in a blender, but today he was quiet. "Moriarty, are you ok?" You asked as you stood up and put the now empty teacup in the dishwasher. "Yes I'm fine. Why are you asking?" he answered and got out his phone. "Because you're usually not so quiet." You said carefully and looked over the man's shoulder. "Who are you texting?" Moriarty covered his phone with his hand, clearly not wanting you to see what he was doing. "I'm not texting anyone. I have to go. Don't fail your mission today, honey." You chuckled and watched as Moriarty stood up. He was wearing a simple white T-Shirt and a beige jacket, jeans and sneakers, and his hair was gracefully combed to the back. What kind of style is that? You decided not to question Moriarty's choice of clothes as you followed him out to the hall. ''Listen, Moran. Don't worry about me today. I have a plan." You frowned. "Why woul-" you got cut off by Moriarty's warm lips before he grabbed a London cap on his way out. "Bye!" he said and smiled before he closed the door. You had no idea what he was up to, but you decided to not care so much. You got your rifle and brought it out in the living room and turned on the TV as you placed the weapon on the table. Then you started cleaning it while you watched TV.

Suddenly you heard a familiar name on the telly.

''Moriarty?!" you exclaimed when you saw what he had done. He had stolen the crown jewels. You got your phone and called him, but he didn't answer. "Oh my god, you stupid fuck!" you shouted and as you saw that he was arrested. You tried to figure out why Moriarty would have done something like that without telling you. He has something going on, something big. Something that nobody will forget and this, this is just the start. You walked around in the apartment in frustration, swearing and hitting the wall. But then you remembered that Moriarty probably knew what he was doing. He was in jail because he wanted to. You scoffed and walked back to the couch, grabbing your boots on the way so you can clean them too.