49 PART II

Tae: your mom?

Kookie: no.
Kookie: it was his mom...
Kookie: She brought me lunch like she sometimes does
Kookie: but since I rarely ever answer my door... I dont know when she does until I see it.
Kookie: I know when its from her because she always puts the food in a pink container because Jimin picked those out
Kookie: and she sorts the food in a neat and specific way. The healthier food is always on the right side of the container and is in a larger portion than the less healthy food thats on the left. Then she wraps the silverware in a napkin and tapes it shut with double sided tape, and sticks a piece of jimins favorite candy to it.
Kookie: it's how she'd pack his lunches for school. Where as my mom would just throw it on a plate and put whatever portion the spoon gave her and bring it up to me. Then Seokjin's mom and him put a mountain of food on a large plate with wrap over it so nothing gets in it.
Kookie: but his mom always went a few extra steps with the meals.
Kookie: because in his house love and care was a big deal.
Kookie: when he was younger he'd always tell me 'my mom puts love and care into every meal. She does it because you are what you eat'.
Kookie: Just the set up of the meal alone always makes me unbelievably nostalgic...
Kookie: anyways, im being dumb and rambling a bunch
Kookie: point is, when I couldnt hear her footsteps anymore I opened the door to grab my lunch.
Kookie: Seeing the pink container... Made my heart fall into my stomach. Idk why or how I was able to do it but I left my room for the first time just to stop her from leaving... It was just down the hall though because she'd only been on the last step of the stairs
Kookie: and as soon as I called out for her, I couldnt explain why because when she looked up at me I felt my throat begin to tighten up. Like when you want to talk, but it burns? Idk.
Kookie: I just was really on edge. I was on the verge of bursting into tears.
Kookie: I think she could tell too because she was quick to come back up and hug me.

Tae: Awe Kookie...

Kookie: then we talked for a really long time. It was dark by the time she left.
Kookie: the entire time we spoke the door was opened so when my mom walked upstairs she greeted us, no questions asked
Kookie: and when my dad got off work I had seen him for the first time in months now.
Kookie: He froze in the hallway and i just smiled and waved at him. He got teary eyed and smiled back.
Kookie: it was so weird but for those few hours i felt so much happiness and pain at the same time... and I didn't hate it. between everything said and the door being opened and seeing my parents and eating what jimin always ate... i felt normal again.

Tae: normality is whatever you make it be.
Tae: im really glad that youre finally opening up a bit more, Kookie
Tae: the only thing i ever want is for you to be happy and to smile

Kookie: yeah. You're right
Kookie: and i want to feel like that more often...
Kookie: i think im ready to leave

Tae: what? really? are you sure...
Tae: i dont want you to pressure yourself

Kookie: yes.
Kookie: and you said you'd be there for me when I was and that's all I want.

Tae: of course i'll be there. When?

Kookie: tomorrow. it's late now.

Tae: I'll have your cousin take me right after school. Ok?

Kookie: perfect.

--

Jjwjfjjkfkf its a mess!! Im sorry if its hard to understand lmao

Guys... This is the second to last official chapter. Whats life?
(2 bonus chapters though? Possibly idk.)

And wow cant believe i just described a container of food and cant believe it made jungkook so emotional...

Could you just imagine him tearing up and slowly and quietly explaining seeing his dead best friends mom to his boyfriend bc he'll choke up and stutter too much if he tried to speak any differently .. Breaking my own heartu

--

Also had to do this for an art project

Also had to do this for an art project. I love that sunshine

--

Also big thank you to -peachyseok for helping me figure out how Tae would respond!