Chapter 5

PREVIOUSLY ON DANNY PHANTOM: WHATEVER IT TAKES

Danny looked up and then fell into Sam's embrace and then he whispered, "I'm scared Sam, I'm so scared. I don't know what to do or how to get out of this mess"

"Danny listen to me," Sam said pulling his face up, "Everything will be okay, I haven't told anyone this but the last night I freed Youngblood who was captured by Vlad. He's gone to get Frostbite, but you have to promise me to stay strong and not just for me but for everybody. We will never give up on you, so don't give up on us"

"Very well Daniel, but I'm going to give you a little gift so that when you decide to stop this little hero charade of yours, you will know who you belong to" Vlad said and then prepared a small amount of ectoplasmic energy on his index finger, but this time it was a deep crimson red.

Vlad then turned around and talked to the others like he was on a stage, "I'm sure all of you have heard, that back then slave masters used to brand their slaves with a special mark, so that when the slave would run away whoever found them knew who they belonged to"

Tears of pain fell down Danny's face as the pain continued and about ten seconds later, the burning stopped and the table moved upwards, revealing the two letters VP on his chest within the reflection of the mirror. A small amount of blood spilled out from the letters, Vlad then duplicated himself and allowed the clone to wrap Danny's chest with a bandage, the real Vlad then undid the straps and Danny fell to the ground, unable to stand up because of the pain. The two Vlad's then picked him up by his arms and this time placed him in the separate cage he was in when he was first brought here, they then placed two pairs of cuffs that were attached to the walls by long chains and placed them on Danny's wrists and ankles. Danny then slowly fell unconscious, too weak from all the pain that had been inflicted on him by Vlad.

"Tomorrow is the final day to decide Little Badger, I hope for your sake you make the right decision" Vlad sneered as the duplicate disappeared and Vlad left the room and Danny fell unconscious, allowing more tears to flow from his face.

"TOMORROW, WE NOT ONLY RESCUE OUR SAVIOUR! TOMORROW WE RESCUE OUR FRIEND!" Frostbite shouted and all the warriors shouted a battle cry.

Tomorrow would be the day, tomorrow it would be all or nothing!

CHAPTER 5

It was 8 AM and everyone couldn't bring themselves to sleep that night, everyone's stillness was broken when they heard the stirring of chains coming from the cage next door. Danny's eyes opened slowly, he looked around and noticed he was still in chains and that he was still shirtless, he stood up and then held his chest when he felt a huge amount of pain coming from the mark that Vlad had branded him with.

"Danny sweetie, are you alright?" Maddie asked as she walked over to the bars of the cell.

Danny walked over and allowed his mother rub his face gently as he answered, "I'm fine, but I'm still in pain"

Jack then came over and ruffled his hair and then everyone came over to the cage and looked at Danny, his pants were torn in a few places and the bandages were showing a small blood stain from where the mark is.

"Danny what are gonna do? Sam told us one of your allies was coming, but what if he arrives too late? What if you die?" Jazz asked. Danny could see the fear in everyone's eyes, but he knew he had to remain strong for them no matter what, even if it meant he might die when morning came.

Danny then took a deep breath and said, "I don't know Jazz, but I want you all to listen very carefully. No matter what happens, you all need to promise to take care of each other"