Chapter Twelve: Twin brother and sister.

Today at school had been one of the worst days of my life. Paul wouldn’t stop going on. Caz and Lilly seem so distant from me and I haven’t seen Colin once since this morning. I only got to see him when my sister came running towards me looking happy.

She told me that our uncle is picking us up and we get to go see our parents today in hospital. As soon as she told me I was over the moon. This whole day had been crap but this news made it so much better. We waited for our uncle outside school until he arrived.

We are now on our way to the hospital and thankfully Hayley stayed at home. I don’t think I could have handled that if she came with us. I hate her more then I hate Jim. We reached the hospital and Jim found a place to park. Izz got out the car and so did I before Jim did.

“Go on ahead if you want,” he said to us. Our faces lit up before we rushed across the car park and into the hospital. We didn’t stop until we reached the reception desk.

“May I help you?” asked the woman named Kelly. It’s on her name badge.

“We are here to see our parents. Mr and Mrs Sharp,” said my sister.

“Oh you must be Isabelle and Arrow,” she said to us and we both nodded. “Come this way then,” she smiled as she came out from behind the desk and led us down one of the corridors.

“Wait here a second,” she said as she stopped outside the room our parents are in. She went inside and we had to wait outside for her. My sister looked at me a few times weirdly.

“What is it?” I asked her.

“Your face,” she simply said.

“I’ll just say I got into a fight at school,” I said to her.

“But the school would know that and when they are out they will phone the school to check,” she said to me.

“I’ll say it was outside school. I got into a bit of trouble,” I said.

“They will find out you have been out when you are meant to be grounded,” she said.

“I’ll have to deal with that won’t I? I have no choice Izz,” I said to her. Kelly came back out from the room and smiled at us both. "You can both go inside now. However I must tell you that your mother may be in for more than a week,” she said to us.

“How come?” I asked.

“She will tell you,” smiled Kelly.

“Ok thank you,” said Izz before she went inside and I followed in after them.

“Izz,” said our mother first. I put my face down as I saw Izz run over to mum and gave her a hug before she sat on the chair next to the bed. I headed towards the two beds and I planned to sit in the middle. I was trying to hide the fact that my face was pretty much messed up but I knew as soon as I looked at them they would see that.

“Arrow,” whispered my mother and father at the same time. That’s weird.

“I’ve missed you,” I managed to say not looking up.

“We have too but we would like to talk to your face,” laughed my mother. I saw my sister move a bit. I looked up at my mother first. I watched as her mouth dropped open.

“What happened?” she asked quickly. I gulped. I knew she would react like that.

“What is wrong?” asked my father. I turned to face him and his face dropped with concern.

“I got into a bit of trouble,” I said to them.

“I knew you wouldn’t tell Jim about you being grounded,” said my mum. I kept my anger in as I love them to pieces and I nearly lost them back then.

“I’m sorry. You getting into that car crash I had to go out and get away from it all. It’s been so hard to just face these few days alone without you. I’m sorry for what happened and the arguments we had but I don’t want that to happen again. I love you both so much and you mean a lot to me,” I said to them both.

“Oh come here Arrow,” said my mother. I leaned into her and we both cuddled before I hugged my dad too.

“We are sorry too,” said my father.

We spent most the rest of the afternoon and early evening with each other before Jim showed up.

“You’re father is likely to be out by Saturday so you can go back to our house then. Thank you Jim for this it means a lot,” said my mother.

“No problem,” he smiled.

“I’ll see you in a few days then,” smiled our father.

“Ok bye,” Izz and I said as we left the room with Jim. None of us talked until we got into the car.

“Thank you,” said Jim.

“For what?” I asked.

“For not telling them,” he said.

“You’re family Jim and besides if I told them me and Izz would have to go somewhere else and I don’t want that to happen,” I said.

“Oh right but still thank you.”

“No problem uncle.”

--------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe it!” screamed Caz as we both headed down to the basement.

“It’s not that exciting,” I said to her as we reached the bottom step.

“Yes it is. You’re mother is having twins,” she smiled.

“Yeah a new brother and sister, it’s not that exciting though,” I laughed as we both sat down on the bed.

“Hell yeah it is. You can’t say it’s not. What does your sister think?” she asked me.

“She is excited. She said that it be good to have a new brother and a sister as she has never had one. I’m not so sure,” I said.

“What concerns you?” she asked me.

“I don’t know. This family isn’t very close these days,” I said.

“Maybe your twin brother and sister will change that,” she said to me.

“Yeah maybe your right,” I smiled.

“Trust me,” said Caz taking my hand.

“Want to get on with this project then?” I asked her.

“Yeah we better,” she laughed as we both pulled out stuff out our pages.

-----------------------

There you go. Its short but oh well

Hope you enjoyded it thanks for reading.

Votes and comments mean everything to me thanks